ATX Community

QB CC Processing

jasdlm

Does anyone take CC through the QB processing system (or do any of your clients)?  Are you pleased with the way it works?  Are you able to call the invoice up on the card reader if you are not at your computer, or do you have to be at the desktop to call up the invoice?

Thanks much!

I have been using it for years.

I have desktop Qbooks. 

I invoice everything thru Qbooks, and then if they want to pay by C/C, I use receive payments and select C/C, and input the C/C data.  I also get C/C info with the organizer and can use that to get paid later.

Works well.

Not the least expensive option, but works for me.

Rich

I use Intuit to process CC payments.  As a ProAdvisor, I avoid monthly fees.  I don't use a card reader.  I do have the free QB version that works on my smart phone, but have never used it.  I just type in the info, whether the client is here with their card or on the telephone.  The bonus is that it's in my QB file.  Not a big fee for the few clients that want to pay via CC.  I try to make it as easy as possible for people to pay me.  I also take CCs via PayPal on my website, as well as checks, from remote clients.

The processing fees are lower for a swipe, but then I'd have a rental or purchase of a swiper.  (Mobile swiper fee is less expensive than mobile w/o swiper, but MORE expensive than desktop W/O swiper.)  For the half dozen or so who want to charge, the couple points difference in my fees is not enough to make me get a swiper.  And, the usual situation with using a charge card is the client is on the phone, remote client or client wanting their kid/parent/whoever to pick up their folder, so swiping isn't possible.  So far, most use checks, but I want charging available to not slow down paying.

I don't invoice through Intuit, so I can't see the customer invoice on the charge screen, at home or away.  I have to view it in my tax prep software or if I printed it out; client can see it if I sent invoice to him/her.  Same with PayPal; I don't re-enter invoices so client has to know amount to pay to use the PayPal link on my website.

Jasmin,  You might want to look into "Go To My PC" a neat app that lets you work on your computer from a different location than where the computer is housed.  The other location can be from another desk computer, etc..  I've use it often.  

My DIL works for a huge insurance company and introduced it to me.   She uses it such as when she has a sick child and needs to be home but has to get a presentation finished for a meeting, etc...

Take care,

Cathy

• Like 2