ATX Community

1040NR

EXCO

I agree about the pricing, and I was going to suggest you look at Drake that does handle e-filing of the 1040NRs.  Drake does not have batching of extensions though.  Over on the official Drake forum, some of the users especially in higher volume offices have set up macros so that the extensions are created with a single click, but that still does require opening each file.  Some complain that then there is still the state extension issue to handle, but since I can see that you are in southern FL I'll assume that most of your extensions don't require a state filing anyway. 

ProSystem fx is not cloud-based like Axcess, but can be hosted in the cloud, on your network, on a stand-alone computer, etc.  CCH's small firm group does work with you to get pricing to fit your needs.  I have much as pay-per-return to keep costs down.  Put your CCH rep to work to get you the best price for your practice.

I didn't like Lacerte as well as UltraTax and ProSystem fx for my practice.  Both Lacerte and UltraTax end up more expensive, anyway.  (I still compare prices every other year or so.)  And, I preferred the tech support at ProSystem fx.  I was concerned about multi-state returns and things like kiddie tax in large families.  I have few international issues, so YMMV.  The ease of flow of Axcess with it's portal could be perfect for your worldwide clients.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...