ATX Community

NT - waxing... back and chest?

Janitor Bob

JB,

This is gonna sound harsh, but . . . . is she worth it?

You hope she'll become a fiance. Terrific! It would be great if she take you as is.

Waxing hurts and can really ruin your skin. My current hubby happens to be natrually nearly hairless. First hubby (died many years ago) was much more hairy. I feel I loved them equally, fuzzy or not as it was part of the whole package that made them each a unique individual.

Elfling

I agree with Elf. You have two issues here. One, the process is extremely painful, extremely. Not a casual decision, believe me. Two, someone who loves you enough to want to marry you should love 'the real you', hairy or bald, or anywhere in between. This is not like a haircut, or some similar simple 'grooming' process. This is closer to your asking her to have implants, or a nose job, etc. Heck, even shaving your chest would lead to several weeks of misery as it grows out and itches like heck. Tell her that your hairy chest and back are just 'you', and she will show you a lot about herself by how she takes it. If she laughs and says, OK, it was just a thought, then you've got no problem. If she sulks or keeps on nagging about it, better think a bit longer before you hand over that ring! Unless you LIKE living with a nagger, of course.

Good luck!

I agree with Elf. You have two issues here. One, the process is extremely painful, extremely. Not a casual decision, believe me. Two, someone who loves you enough to want to marry you should love 'the real you', hairy or bald, or anywhere in between. This is not like a haircut, or some similar simple 'grooming' process. This is closer to your asking her to have implants, or a nose job, etc. Heck, even shaving your chest would lead to several weeks of misery as it grows out and itches like heck. Tell her that your hairy chest and back are just 'you', and she will show you a lot about herself by how she takes it. If she laughs and says, OK, it was just a thought, then you've got no problem. If she sulks or keeps on nagging about it, better think a bit longer before you hand over that ring! Unless you LIKE living with a nagger, of course.

Good luck!

Actually, she suggested just shaving the upper back and chest for the summer...I mentioned the waxing thing...She said that was up to me, but that if I did it to do only small areas at a time.

she has some waxing done and told me that it is very painful

She actually likes running her fingers through it, so I may only trim it back some with trimmers...I just do not like the way it bushes out the top of my shirt because it is so heavy.

JB:

Maybe you should do a trial run.

Light a candle & let some of the wax drip on a sensitive area - maybe your inner thigh or the inside bend of your elbow.

After it dries, rip it off with whatever hair has stuck to it.

Repeat as needed until all the hair is gone.

Now imagine that sensation over your entire chest or back, all at once.

If that seems like a good idea, then go for it! :)

Sun burn, sun burn hair helps prevent sun burn, and newly exposed skin is more (very much so) likely to burn much easier. Hey, I got sun burned sitting in the shade from reflected sun light... And recently shaved my head, any I never go out in the sun, only from home to car, car to home very little exposure to direct sun light and my head showed signs of redness, no burn, lucky.

I live very close to Orlando, any questions or are you an experienced traveler?

Sun burn, sun burn hair helps prevent sun burn, and newly exposed skin is more (very much so) likely to burn much easier. Hey, I got sun burned sitting in the shade from reflected sun light... And recently shaved my head, any I never go out in the sun, only from home to car, car to home very little exposure to direct sun light and my head showed signs of redness, no burn, lucky.

I live very close to Orlando, any questions or are you an experienced traveler?

Maybe what you are saying is that your girlfriend (fiance) is into the Pain thing!! Hey, that's cool. What happens between two consenting adults .....