ATX Community

Setting Up New Computer

ETax847

I am setting up my new computer ahead of tax season and when I go to import previous years' returns, I get the following error message, "The program was unable to load fixed asset data.  Please try import fixed assets to add them back to the return."

Does anybody know what this means and what the implications are?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, ETax847 said:

Will do.  Currently in transition, but I'll keep you abreast of any issues to hopefully save you some headaches.

It might have nothing to do with your computer at this point. It could mean that the 2019 software doesn't have the fix asset "form" ready. I would install ATX 2019 on you Windows 7 machine and do the same thing. If the message is the same, it is ATX 2019 that is not ready.

3 hours ago, Pacun said:

The message means that the assets and depreciation taken will not be available to you.

Illmas and I will move to Windows 10 in December so any glitches you find, please share them.

Last week, I received a message from Dell, that my computer will now arrive on Dec 6, instead of Nov 25, did you get a similar message?

• Haha 1