ATX Community

ATX 2014 won't load-need help

Sylvia Shelton

client account # [deleted for privacy] My 2014 tax program will not load says something about errors. I need help now please.

I have to do taxes for someone for tax years 2011 through 2020, Have done the 2011, 2012 and 2013 with no problem

now 2014 will not load HELP PLEASE  call me @ [deleted for privacy]

Edited by jklcpa
deleted private information

Sylvia, it would be helpful to know specifically what error messages you are getting and when they occur.

Also, I moved this to its own topic so not to revive one that was 6 years old, and I've removed your private information. Please know that this is a privately owned unofficial forum that was started for ATX users.  No one here is from CCH that will be calling you directly, but hopefully some of our members may be able to steer you in the right direction so that you can use the program.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

Sylvia, it would be helpful to know specifically what error messages you are getting and when they occur.

Also, I moved this to its own topic so not to revive one that was 6 years old, and I've removed your private information. Please know that this is a privately owned unofficial forum that was started for ATX users.  No one here is from CCH that will be calling you directly, but hopefully some of our members may be able to steer you in the right direction so that you can use the program.

I have sent message after message and no one seems to be any help. 

This is a privately owned unofficial forum made up of other tax preparers who graciously help one another in our spare time.

Demanding immediate answers on any forum, including this one, will not get the help you desire any faster and may actually result in not being helped at all!

You can try calling ATX tech support, but I'm not sure they are still offering support back as early as 2014 any more.

• Like 4

Things to try:

1. Run the 2014 Admin Console. (Should be in your windows menu under ATX)
  2. Start or restart the ATX Server Service in Windows Services.
  3. Reinstall 2014 ATX.
  4. Download and run ATX database repair batch files. (2014 is no longer available on ATX's sites, so I'm attaching it. These should be downloaded every year, just in case you ever need them.)

If these things are too techie for you, call support.

ATX2014DataBaseRepair.bat

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/27/2021 at 2:12 AM, Abby Normal said:

Things to try:

1. Run the 2014 Admin Console. (Should be in your windows menu under ATX)
  2. Start or restart the ATX Server Service in Windows Services.
  3. Reinstall 2014 ATX.
  4. Download and run ATX database repair batch files. (2014 is no longer available on ATX's sites, so I'm attaching it. These should be downloaded every year, just in case you ever need them.)

If these things are too techie for you, call support.

ATX2014DataBaseRepair.bat 603 B · 4 downloads

Greetings from Japan,

First time to participate here.   I am having difficulty opening 2014 and have everything from starting / restarting services as well as reinstalling but with no success.  

If the ATX2014DataBase Repair tool is still available, may I request for a copy?

Thank you,

Erwin 

• Like 1