ATX Community

My new tax package for 2008

GeorgeM

I have downloaded the TRX program which is for the year 2007 returns, and processed 2 returns. One had a Sch C with a home office and Sch A, went through the return in very good time fore the first return. It resembles ATX in many ways, it was simple to enter W2 forms and Interest and Dividends.

The second return had multiple states and it worked better than JATX for the second state. It calculated the amount for each state from the W2. The only thing I had to do was enter the tax paid to other state for the credit on the resident state.

The printing of the forms went much faster that ATX.

I will be ordering this package for 2008 for sure it is a saving of about $800.00 from the MAX package. The only worry I have is the conversion, they say it will not be ready until the program comes out. But I will ask they for the 2007 conversion and try it out this summer to see if all information comes over.

Any one who is interested please please mention my name when you order the package.

George Marcelino

George's Tax Service

Thank you all and have a good summer

George, I hope you're going to stick around on this board for the summer. The regulars seem to stay all year, but many will disappear after today. I think we'll all be test driving some new programs & posting our findings. At least, I hope it works out that way.

Does the TRX prep 1041s? I do just a few W-2, payroll returns & 1099s. Does it handle these?

Do you get a discount if we mention your name?

I think ERC is going to have a place for us to post our comments about other packages. There is a pinned message at the top of the board. I think he is planning another "room" like E-file for just those comments.

I will be looking for your comments. Thanks for being willing to share.

Mel, when do I get to see my new software? I want to get started on the test drive.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I have downloaded the TRX program which is for the year 2007 returns, and processed 2 returns. One had a Sch C with a home office and Sch A, went through the return in very good time fore the first return. It resembles ATX in many ways, it was simple to enter W2 forms and Interest and Dividends.

The second return had multiple states and it worked better than JATX for the second state. It calculated the amount for each state from the W2. The only thing I had to do was enter the tax paid to other state for the credit on the resident state.

The printing of the forms went much faster that ATX.

I will be ordering this package for 2008 for sure it is a saving of about $800.00 from the MAX package. The only worry I have is the conversion, they say it will not be ready until the program comes out. But I will ask they for the 2007 conversion and try it out this summer to see if all information comes over.

Any one who is interested please please mention my name when you order the package.

George Marcelino

George's Tax Service

Thank you all and have a good summer

I personally find it HARD TO BELIEVE that a $299 tax package

is just as good as ATX's product.

It just doesn't SMELL right.

Doubting Booger

PS Gee, Bulldog Tom. Didn't know that if YOU didn't like something posted on this website, you

could have it removed. Must make you feel very powerful.

"Cowering in your Presence" Booger

There is a difference between not liking something and something in very poor taste. If you want to pick on someones politics or professional knowledge or software abilities, that is none of my business. Those are things we can fight back about.

I think it is in extremely poor taste to attack someones personal appearance. So I said something. I don't make the decisions about what does or does not get edited.

Thanks to KC or ERC.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Wasn't me, must have been Eric. It was gone before I got here. I've been way too busy today to even log in. I've got people coming out of the woodwork asking for extensions. And those take time, even with the software's help. I never went to bed last night, so I'm moving slow today. Looking forward to crashing soon.

There is a difference between not liking something and something in very poor taste. If you want to pick on someones politics or professional knowledge or software abilities, that is none of my business. Those are things we can fight back about.

I think it is in extremely poor taste to attack someones personal appearance. So I said something. I don't make the decisions about what does or does not get edited.

Thanks to KC or ERC.

Tom

Lodi, CA

BITE ME

Booger

I personally find it HARD TO BELIEVE that a $299 tax package

is just as good as ATX's product.

It just doesn't SMELL right.

Doubting Booger

I looked at both TRX and Tax Act when I decided to leave ATX last fall. I noticed that both TRX and Tax Act didn't have the Social Security "LSE" available, while ATX did. I had to do a "LSE" manually this year, but it was only my second "LSE" in ten years.

Neither ATX or TRX had a box to check to determine the best scenario for education credits versus tuition deduction. The $99 Tax Act program lets you check one box and it will determine what is best, the Hope or Lifetime Learning or the tuition deduction. Much simpler than having to change the box checked in ATX and look at the resulting refund.

I went with Tax Act because it was more of a known quantity than TRX. Tax Act was OK this season. One thing I don't like is the requirement to use a drop down box anywhere you have to enter a state.

Tax Act efiling seems to be working much better than ATX efiling on the 15th. All returns filed yesterday afternoon went right through and were acked this morning by 6 AM. Extensions filed after noon yesterday and one return filed at 11 PM last night haven't been acked yet as of 8:30 AM.

I think I'm going to give TRX a serious look over the summer. If I can convert my 2006 ATX returns to 2007 TRX and then to 2008 TRX, I might switch to TRX. I look forward to seeing other peoples experience with TRX.

If I can convert my 2006 ATX returns to 2007 TRX and then to 2008 TRX, I might switch to TRX. I look forward to seeing other peoples experience with TRX.

That's what I did last summer - converted my 2005 ATX returns to 2005 TRX, and then brought them forward to 2006 and redid the 2006 returns in TRX. Gave me a good learning session on TRX and also showed me where I had to beware of problems with TRX. (The only federal problem I uncovered was the incorrect handling of depreciation on a 2106 when subject to AMT.)

My 2007 experience with TRX was positive - I'm going to renew.