ATX Community

Some clients! But they are friends...

BulldogTom

We have had this client for many years.  They are friends so I don't fire them...but I should...but my wife won't let me...so it is not going to happen.   Never listen to my advice and warnings.   Whatever....their personal problems become their tax problems, I can only tell them what they should do.   

We did their bookkeeping for several years for their SP business plus their personal tax return.  At the beginning of 2022 they stopped sending their info and stopped answering our texts and emails.   OK, so maybe they found someone local?   Kinda happy about that because their issues put a strain on our relationship.   

Last night, my wife gets a text "We put everything in the mail today.   Let us know if you have any questions."  On Oct 3rd they sent via US Postal Service a full year of bookkeeping records to get done so the tax return can be completed by the 15th....

Not gonna happen.  I can't fire them (because my wife...see above) but I can raise the price!

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I stopped preparing tax returns for family members and etc. I asked my daughters to find someone else.

Last spring, I fired the young woman who used be our dog sitter because she emailed me  bits and pieces,

never had everything I needed to prepare her return.

I decided I was happier not knowing their financial details.🙃

• Like 8
  • Haha 1