ATX Community

EFTPS payment weirdness

Catherine

This one I've not seen before. First time I had to log in using ID dot me to get to EFTPS. Had to try twice after getting through the ID send-you-a-code step. First time said no record. 

Okay, fine. It's possible to mis-type a password. It's even possible when copying from my secure pw manager; all that would need is to accidentally get a space as well. Second time worked.

Got to the end, and then it tried to tell me that I was "not authorized" to pay Form 941 tax deposits - for my very own single employee for my very own business; not for any client. I've been paying these taxes for well over a decade, and have never seen this error until ...gee, the first time I have to log in with ID dot me. I'm suspicious.

I was able to pay anyway, on my second attempt, as I got a "continue" anyway choice (the other two were abandon the payment, and edit the payment). 

Anyone else see anything like this? Or am I the only lucky one?

No trouble for me doing mine. I was in the id.me for other reasons recently, which is different from your case. I always look at my deposits before making another to reduce the chances of the “what were you paying for” letters. 

My other usage was trying to get through the Byzantine requirements to get to where I can “play” with the 1099 efile system. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been using ID.me with no problems. The only hitch is that you have to scroll down to click a “Continue” button which appears off the bottom of the screen after selecting a rather large box for text or email. (It defaults to text). I dont think they used the available real estate very efficiently.

Have probably used it a dozen times since this MFA business began. 

• Like 1