ATX Community

7216 Consent Form

Lion EA

Does anyone have a Disclosure Form that I can use to have a current client sign giving me permission to disclose info to a new preparer for 3 years?

I'm selling a few clients to a nearby preparer with the band width to take on new clients. We don't use the same software, and all clients DO have paper copies of their prior returns. But there will be questions. The new preparer is paying me over 3 years, but I think 1 year would be adequate for answering questions.

Any forms you've used. Anything else you want to tell me?!

• Like 1

Something seems to have gone wrong with the upload.  Here it is again and here's the text.

Consent to Release Information

To:  David J. Weigel, C.P.A., P.C.

I hereby authorize the release of the following information to be provided to the following third party:

Information to release:

Tax returns as well as all tax, financial, and accounting related info for  

Tax Years:   

Third Party Recipient

Name(s):

Company:    

Contact Info:

___________________________________               ________________________

Signature:                                                                 Date

Please note that according to IRS rules and regulations this consent needs to be specific and written for each year, client and third party recipient.  We cannot accept verbal consents.  Likewise, we cannot write in changes after we receive the consent.  Therefore, we will only release information on complete consent descriptions.  We apologize for being difficult, but failure to comply with these rules means I could be subject to criminal sanctions.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,

David J. Weigel, CPA, PC

Phone: (248) 473-9919

Email: [email protected]

Consent to Release Information.doc

• Like 2

From what I remember when disclosure was first required to be written consent, it has to be 8.5 x 11 paper and in size 12 font.  But I might be mixing that up with privacy policy.  I think NATP has sample forms for disclosure consent on their website if you are a member, or at least they use to.  

• Like 2

Yep, hadn't thought to look there at first, because I'm giving the now-former client away and NOT preparing a tax return for her. I do get my biz ELs from TTB, so I should've gone there first.

Thanks, everyone!

• Like 2