ATX Community

Problem with Paid Preparer

Dan

Question: What steps do you take to delete all the information from the section on page 2 of Form 1040 entitled "Paid Preparer's Use Only?"

Looks like there should be a way to delete this information in preferences but I can't do it.

In preferences I chose none, apply and close and still the information was on the form. The only way I could delete the information was to delete the preparer information.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know if this will work on the Paid Preparer information. Last year, I changed a master form, but the changes did not appear in the return. I delete the form, client letter, then added it back to the return and it worked. I have never delete a 1040, so I don't know what will happen. Thinking back a couple of years, or more, I put in a blank preparer in the system and used it for my own and my wife's.

Question: What steps do you take to delete all the information from the section on page 2 of Form 1040 entitled "Paid Preparer's Use Only?"

Looks like there should be a way to delete this information in preferences but I can't do it.

In preferences I chose none, apply and close and still the information was on the form. The only way I could delete the information was to delete the preparer information.

Thanks for your reply.

Exit your returns and then change user to administrator. Click on set defaults. I believe that is under Tools. You must first delete this information in the Main Information. That will delete it on the 1040 and also 8879 or any other place where it appears.

If you want to delete only on the return your are preparing then delete it on the opened return by Guest user.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about this post if you are not using Taxwise.

Thanks JRS!

I left the first preparer's information blank.

I then created a new preparer and entered my information in the new created preparer's lines.

After the information of paid preparer was entered on the second page of Form 1040, I deleted it by switching to the first preparer's information which was blank.

It Worked!!!!!

Looks like it should be in preferences.