ATX Community

NT: Valentine's Day

Catherine

We're going away -- I know, I'm swamped and can't afford the time off -- to college daughter's concert. At least it means a night in a B&B without the telephone ringing. And, she's a senior, so we have to attend. Hubby brought me roses earlier in the week when they were cheaper (I married him for his brains) and a card today. We go away Sunday into Monday and will take a bottle of wine and retreat into our room after her concert.

That sounds nice! I'm hoping to get a few of these returns off my desk today just to go out to dinner tonight. My hubby is getting a little irritated with me. What can you do?

Happy Valentine's Day!

Why is it that the husbands get irritated? They certainly like the money we bring in but hate the disruption to their world. (home office, here). It's not like we are exactly having a "fun" time. Oh, well....you gotta love them anyway!

We went to Outback Steakhouse for an early lunch. I gave my main squeeze a dozen roses and something special to wear. She asked why the card mentioned the word sorry. I told her I was making up for everything I did wrong during the year, even those that I don't know about. She muttered something about "pass the bread, here comes the baloney again".

taxbilly