ATX Community

Happy Birthday MAMalody

TAXBILLY

Mike - here is a joke you might like. It has nothing to do with birthdays, but I like it.

A church lost their pastor and formed a search committee. They interview process included the candidate giving a Sunday sermon. One young man really impressed the search committee, and was scheduled to preach that Sunday. He lit up the pulpit with a sermon on serving God, and the entire congregation was enthralled by his exhortations and passion. The elders immediately hired the young pastor. He accepted and arrived the following Sunday to preach. He gave, word for word, the exact same sermon as the prior week. The elders were suprised, but let it go, assuming that he did not have time to prepare another sermon. The following week, the young pastor again delivered the exact same sermon. The elders got together and decided to let it go for one more week, as it was a very good sermon. The fourth Sunday came, and the young pastor delivered, word for word, the same sermon. The elders had had it. They called the pastor on the carpet and demanded an explanation. His response was short and to the point.

"When the elders and congregation act on this sermon, I will move to my next topic."

Happy Birthday Mike.

Tom

Lodi, CA