ATX Community

Calling support on 4/14

HV Ken

Called support last night. waited about 10 minutes. Got answer not the one I wanted but an answer. 1041 extensions trying to e-file, kept getting internal error, update program both in the return and in return manager did not solve problem. Support got the fed to go through but not NJ, said they would look into it. The NJ extension has to be mailed. Oh well, at least I found that out on the 13th and not the 15th. Support was helpful.

Yes, and I imagine they are pretty stressed too. Dealing with all of us stressed-out folks has to be hard. I know I am a lot more short-tempered than normal, just due to lack of sleep and having to deal with the worst of the clients now. It's always the worst ones that wait until the last minute, then are in a real hurry, isn't it?

Yes, and I imagine they are pretty stressed too. Dealing with all of us stressed-out folks has to be hard. I know I am a lot more short-tempered than normal, just due to lack of sleep and having to deal with the worst of the clients now. It's always the worst ones that wait until the last minute, then are in a real hurry, isn't it?

Just thought I would also let you know I will keep an eye out for anything I can help with I am one of the Techies that works with Kyle.. :ninja:

It is nice to know there are folks out there looking out for us. I contacted support this morning as well. I have been getting white screens when the program begins to save a return and it is extremely slow when opening a complex return such as a CRUT. The girl worked with me for a while and she did a repair of the data base. The program is a bit faster but nothing to brag about. The counter appears to stop when opening a return but they insist it is counting in the background. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Terry Drummond

Can y'all help with a TaxWise problem? Tech support closed at 9PM.

I've filed a few extensions so far without incident. While making an e-file extension, one last week gave me the following error message:

System error! Cannot determine legacy extension type. (D:\Dev08\shared\tax\t_electr.pas, line 1503).

I tried it several times and kept getting the same error. I called tech support this morning and we ran a few scripts and nothing worked. I finally deleted the whole return and the rolled it over from last year again. (Last year was Intellitax.) That fixed it.

Tonight I got the same error on a different return. So, I tried deleting and re-rolling (3 times) and am still getting the error message.

Help. Extension must be filed!

Anyone know if the old-school phone in method is still available? I think they stopped it, but don't remember for sure. Any other on-line service available?

Anyone know if the old-school phone in method is still available? I think they stopped it, but don't remember for sure. Any other on-line service available?

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=20623....html?portlet=7

This year, anyone, regardless of income, can e-file their extensions at no cost from a home computer using IRS traditional FreeFile or FreeFile Fillable Forms. E-filing a request for an extension using either form of FreeFile is convenient, safe and secure, and taxpayers receive confirmation to keep with their records.

This is the last week of tax season - the wait times yesterday never reached over 15 minutes per the monitor that hangs ten feet away from my desk. Which is not bad for the last week of tax season, I'm told. Be patient, use your resources, and be kind to your CS rep because we are just as stressed out as you are.

It's true that when I called TRX yesterday, they picked up on the 2nd ring. But by the time the problem happened again, it was after 9:00 and they were closed (or at least not taking new calls). But even calling back today, I'm not sure they'll have any more solutions since yesterday.

I don't blame the CS reps for not having the answer to this. I always seem to get the weird problems.

We all just gotta get through one more day!!1