ATX Community

Dear Valued ATX Customer

JRS

And, really, why is it such an issue? We all have the option to make the choice we want. As long as we ALL end up with a functional, useful and productive program, why is it so important who gets a discount and when? Be happy with the decisions that we each made and not cry over spilled milk. I know that I am "all right" with my decision and was ready to put it behind me the day I made it and move on to other things. Best of luck to each of you on this board for a successful new tax year. There will be difficulties enough with the new laws, so let's just hope that whichever software we chose is up to the task.

The discount is not the relevant issue. The fact that CCH knowingly had their sales staff state: "This offer will NOT be extended under any circumstances" to entice renewals, then offered the same discount in July, is the issue. The same words were spoken to me last year. I was led to believe that by renewing early, I was getting a special discount. HA HA HA HA

History is repeating itself, and the (what I consider) unethical business practices of CCH since the first day they acquired ATX is my point.

The software is definitely up to the task. If you don't believe it, open up the 2003 program and try doing a return for a client.

CCH (in my not so humble opinion) is not interested in customer service, customer loyalty or company integrity. Time will bear out my observations even more as this tax season gets underway.

I am still keeping my parachute packed!!

It really ticked me off. I could have saved my money until later in the year, instead of paying in May. With my husband's illness, I could have to quit any time and go to work for someone for the benefits. I would have been happy to renew if they would have charged my card later on. I didn't get anything by renewing early except the rotten taste in my mouth that I was an idiot. I should have learned last year.

Bonnie

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that CCH treats their customers like they treat their employees. They dont care about you or your needs, all they care about is the money they can get out of you. The sales dept has gone through so many employees since CCH aquired ATX. What they are doing now is they are converting ATX and Taxwise sales departments into one. The same for the renewals dept, Customer Service and Tech. Imagine what the hold times will be THIS tax season! :wacko: And yes the 10% discount will be offerd all year long! If they dont offer you the discount they will offer you free shipping. Management is a joke! If you have left the company and gone elswhere I commend you! If you are thinking of returning or evaluating the program keep on looking. The program is great and is very powerful I agree but as far as the folks behind it.....cant even say it here. I will agree with the other member they are definatley saying to you NIGYSOB.

Never underestimate the ability of a group of arrogant MBA's and marketing geniuses to completely destroy a growing company. They are incredibly skilled at accelerating this process to the point that nobody knows what happened until they've collected their bonuses and have moved on to create a disaster at another business.

• 1 month later...

Just posting this strictly as a matter of information. ATX called this morning (Oct 2) and offered the 10% discount if I'd go ahead and re-sign. (I don' think he asked me to resign, although that's a distinct possibility if someone has noticed my comments on this forum) I didn't ask about specifics such as when I'd be charged, who pays S&H, etc.

Of course I told him "no thanks" and to call me back in December if he'd like, but just thought I'd put this info out there in case anyone is planning to buy soon. Seems like the discounts are still available, unless maybe they're not available if you do ask but are available if you don't ask (I have actually seen that sort of counter-intuitive policy nonsense put into practice in a corporate environment before) One never knows when they're going to absolutely, positively, emphatically, without-a-doubt, and with-no-exceptions actually eliminate the discount.

Just posting this strictly as a matter of information. ATX called this morning (Oct 2) and offered the 10% discount if I'd go ahead and re-sign. (I don' think he asked me to resign, although that's a distinct possibility if someone has noticed my comments on this forum) I didn't ask about specifics such as when I'd be charged, who pays S&H, etc.

Of course I told him "no thanks" and to call me back in December if he'd like, but just thought I'd put this info out there in case anyone is planning to buy soon. Seems like the discounts are still available, unless maybe they're not available if you do ask but are available if you don't ask (I have actually seen that sort of counter-intuitive policy nonsense put into practice in a corporate environment before) One never knows when they're going to absolutely, positively, emphatically, without-a-doubt, and with-no-exceptions actually eliminate the discount.

If the history of CCH continues to repeat itself, there will be no better offer put on the table, but they will make the offer again in September or October.

I will bet the steak dinner that the CCH salesman owes me, that the 10% discount offer will be continued through Jan or Feb 2010.

Any takers?

I don't want to make an issue of this, but the welshing on the bet by that "very sure of himself" salesman I talked to in May is still evading my taste buds. (I love a good steak!!)

But for all you naysayers... I TOLD YOU SO! :read:

JacK: I thought about you when he called, and I regret not having asked his name. Maybe should have said "Are you the guy who owes Jack a steak dinner?" Maybe I'll remember to do that next time they call this month or next to absolutely finally offer the already-expired discount yet again.

No telling what will happen as long as the sales department is under the control of Seagull Marketing Geniuses.