ATX Community

Dear Valued ATX Customer

JRS

Seems like someone on this board had a bet with an ATX salesman that ATX would extend the discount deadline and the ATX salesman said there is no way ATX would extend the deadline. Looks like the salesman lost the bet.

That was me!! I made the bet with TWO different salespersons. One lady and one gentleman. I guarantee you they will welch on the bet!!

Seems like someone on this board had a bet with an ATX salesman that ATX would extend the discount deadline and the ATX salesman said there is no way ATX would extend the deadline. Looks like the salesman lost the bet.

That was me!! I made the bet with TWO different salespersons. One lady and one gentleman. I guarantee you they will welch on the bet!!

Sic im!

Sic im!

But do let us know how they try to weasel out of this!

The salesman that made the bet with me won't return my e-mail messages.

The lady salesperson called and gave me the pitch, and I had a simple question...

"How do you like working for a company that makes you look foolish by stating specifically that the offer will not be extended, then turns around, extends the offer, and makes you call all the people that declined your offer in the first place?"

She had no answer...

I will never see my steak dinner, and unless things make a drastic change, CCH will never see any of my money again!!

I can't operate my business with such two-faced policies, so if I have the choice, I will not support a business that operates with such policies.

RANT OVER!!

And just think - all they had to do was send you a $50 gift card for Texas Roadhouse.

You'd have been telling us all on this forum how they honored their bet & we'd all have had a good-natured laugh. You'd have needed to buy ATX this year just as a matter of conscience, and ATX would have received much more than $50 worth of goodwill advertising on this forum. This sort of thing is exactly what happens when a company grows to the point that the marketing department misses little opportunities to shine because they become too bureaucratic & stifled. Too many marketing whiz kids can run any company into the ground if you give them enough time and resources.

John, I agree with what you say, but at the same time, you cannot cut off your nose to spite your face. If you are young enough to spend time searching for new software, that is one thing. Some of us, however, are basing our tax prep retirement on the availability of ATX as well as the new conditions of compliance. Many times in life we think that things are unfair in our lives and our jobs, but we don't quit working and living because of it. This scenario plays out in the purchase of many products. If you don't like the policy of the seller, but you like his product; you have the option of finding a product you like as well or better. On the other hand, if you REALLY want that first product.; you play by the seller's rules.

I understand your concern, but I don't have the reservations about changing that many others do. I've been through a couple of conversions and although they were a hassle, they weren't all that traumatic. I moved from Microvision to Ultra Tax, and then a couple of years later from UltraTax to ATX. It really isn't that difficult once you commit to the fact that a change is necessary for the good of your business.

Right now I'm planning to stay with ATX, but I'm keeping Drake and Tax Slayer on standby just in case ATX does something really stupid. So far they haven't stepped across the line, but my contempt for corporate marketing geniuses causes me to anticipate the worst - it's just a matter of how long it takes them. In the meantime I'll just wait until the last minute to renew in Dec or Jan, once I've determined that it's in my best interest to stick with them for another season. If that doesn't happen to be the case, everything's on go for a quick conversion.

Your reluctance to switch software is understandable, but if I were you I'd keep a much more fluid attitude about the whole process. Expecting things to stay the same for several years is probably not in your best interests.

I have also been through a couple of conversions and, no, they weren't all that traumatic. However, they were much more expensive and I was much younger. I don't expect things to stay the same for several years, but as long as I like ATX, and I do, I am not going to leave them just because I might not agree with all of their policies. That was the only point that I was trying to make. I can only hope that ATX stays around. If not, I can walk away from this business or consider another software that is cost effective for me.

Please understand where I am coming from...

I LOVE the ATX software. Changing from it in my personal practice (150+ clients) and the firm I also wokr for (3,000+ clients) is HUGE! New learning curves, conversion nightmares, etc.

What I am TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED IN is the way that CCH has treated its customers in attitude and deed since the day they bought ATX.

If the ATX software survives, I will find any source for it other than CCH. My business ethics are my business practices.

Well, I'm trying to figure out if the email I just received is a part of the round that started this thread. They're offering the 10% discount if I order by Aug 31, but they won't bill my account until Dec 15. I'm beginning to think that this may just be the year they finally begin offering toasters, coffee makers, and microwave ovens as signing bonuses to the last holdouts.

I guess I'll find out, since I won't be taking advantage of the current offer either.

I got the same email as have not renewed yet. Will wait if anything better offer will come later????????????????

If the history of CCH continues to repeat itself, there will be no better offer put on the table, but they will make the offer again in September or October.

I will bet the steak dinner that the CCH salesman owes me, that the 10% discount offer will be continued through Jan or Feb 2010.

Any takers?

<<Any takers? >>

Not me!

And, really, why is it such an issue? We all have the option to make the choice we want. As long as we ALL end up with a functional, useful and productive program, why is it so important who gets a discount and when? Be happy with the decisions that we each made and not cry over spilled milk. I know that I am "all right" with my decision and was ready to put it behind me the day I made it and move on to other things. Best of luck to each of you on this board for a successful new tax year. There will be difficulties enough with the new laws, so let's just hope that whichever software we chose is up to the task.