ATX Community

Tax Return Covers - The Quest

samingeorgia

And now -- the rest of the story!

I picked the covers up Saturday. I may have misunderstood the price because I'm sure I was quoted $ 495.00; however there are 1,000 in the box. I didn't count 'em, but it sure was heavy enough to be 1,000. The guy was in a big hurry to go camping, so I just grabbed 'em and off I went.

In the sunlight, they looked gray, not blue. "Oh well". I thought, "as long as they aren't Holly Hobby pink, they're OK in my book!" When I got them home they were blue, just a lighter shade than what I thought they'd be.

Happiness is having tax return covers! Yes, I'm working on Labor Day; for me it's like Christmas to an atheist.

KC, the last price I was quoted was $ 495, which I thought was for 500. That's why I thought they would be a dollar apiece. I haven't seen an invoice, but if it's still $ 495, and I got 1,000, I'm a happy boy.

It may be that they had to order more paper and so printed 1,000. The size, quality, texture, weight, and color of the paper was a big issue with all these folks. If they charge $ 990, I'm OK with it; that's a lot of dough to have tied up and it is more than I would have spent with Tenenz or CFS, but I will use them and won't have to go through this hassle for about 4 years. And I didn't have to pay shipping.

I'll let you know when I see an official invoice. I should add that I went through a client who is in the advertising/promotion/internet business. I did this because he's always ordering printing for other customers (brochures, etc.) so I figured that he could do better dealing with printers than I had done from April 16 though about mid-June. I talked to three on my own before I appealed to him for help, they were no help.

OK, one last update. The price is $ 495 for 1,000. However, the printer put some small dots where the "score" is (i.e., where you fold the paper in two so it looks like a book) on some of the covers and so he's he's gonna discount it some. So, the price is right and they look comparable to what I used to buy from ASH.

Happiness at last!

OK, one last update. The price is $ 495 for 1,000. However, the printer put some small dots where the "score" is (i.e., where you fold the paper in two so it looks like a book) on some of the covers and so he's he's gonna discount it some. So, the price is right and they look comparable to what I used to buy from ASH.

Happiness at last!

Good for you, Sam. We love happy people on this board.; especially if we helped to get them there.

been buying the ones from Nelco (that ATX's own site links to ). Although they are more expensive, they seem to be the only ATX compatable folders that can handle over-sized returns. Of course you must have a heavy duty stapler and sometimes this is not enough.

They do come in a few different colors, so you can (and I do) rotate colors to between years. Clients seem to like the color coding between years.

Have even been able to use them to bind returns of a couple hundred pages (not easy though).

Used to use the cheap 2 pocket folders but... as for saving the cost on the folder... I have had nothing but compliments from existing and new clients regarding the professional look they provide. And I easily passed the extra cost to the clients with a modest fee increase.

I will look at Tenenz though to see if any of their folders can handle large returns