ATX Community

Unemployment Benefits Not Taxed??

taxguy057

Every state can decide how THE STATE will tax it's citizens. There is no requirement that they either tax something the Feds tax, or exempt something just because the Feds do. So some states don't tax ANY INCOME, some tax only investment income, and some simply tax whatever the Feds tax, just for simplicity. That's what makes state taxes so much fun!

Hummmm? Let me pack my bags.... Now which states don't tax at all?? :spaz:

At least you are not affraid to ask and I appreciate that because that gives us a chance to relearn and to remember every detail when we are talking to our customers. I bet you that there are many preparers reading this post with low level questions but they don't ask because they don't want to expose their level of knowledge. This is what I tell them... the most experienced person on this forum was at your the level at some point in the pass and they learned a lot because they asked questions.

At least you are not affraid to ask and I appreciate that because that gives us a chance to relearn and to remember every detail when we are talking to our customers. I bet you that there are many preparers reading this post with low level questions but they don't ask because they don't want to expose their level of knowledge. This is what I tell them... the most experienced person on this forum was at your the level at some point in the pass and they learned a lot because they asked questions.

I use to be like that.. not ask questions, but now since I have grown a little i feel more apt to challenge so topics with my interpretations and gather what I can from the discussion that follows. I truly appreciate you and cat, jb, taxbilly, of course jainen and everyone else for at least not making me feel like a nobody in here and responding to my threads. I hope i do bring some wit and intellect to the forum and for ones like "chuck" who said I should have known... I do now because of this forum. That is its purpose and thats why we're all here. :D

Same here. I have two sources of tax update info coming in throughout the year and I'm sure I saw this, but had forgotten about it. This was a good reminder alert for me.

Regardless of the "level" of preparation you are at, there will always be details that somehow slip through the cracks and are forgotten. Too many aspects of the code are changed too frequently, or phased in, or just changed very late in the year, making it hard to always have every aspect foremost in your mind. I find myself that I sometimes lose sight of these details, and I don't mind being reminded of them. That is one reason I read every post to this board if at all possible.