ATX Community

E-file status

Janitor Bob

Go to 'MyATX' & check them manually. It sux, but at least you get hte peace of mind if it's accepted or not. Not sure how it's going to play out for those who are doing bank products. I have about 40 returns showing transmitted, but i checked most of them & they pretty much are accepted.

Eli

I have had the same problem and it took two hours on the phone and the tech person having to do a screen share to get it fixed. Now it is happening again with another return. But at least that one is showing on the phone line as accepted. The first one I had was transmitted on Janurary 19 and just finally got fixed on Tuesday of this week.

We had a dozen last year (2008) that tech support never, ever was able to fix. They remain today as Transmitted. For awhile we found it downright annoying to not be able to mark them complete. But in the end we let it go. Better to just be satisfied with the quirkiness and move on.

Anyway, the few we already have this year is not at all surprising given the snags we encountered last year. Rather than fret about it we just go out to ATX Support and check them out. Sitting on the phone or emailing back and forth with ATX is too time consuming.

E file is really on the fritz this year. I have spent several hours on the phone with our so called tech support. No Help. They do not know what is happening. However, at MYATX you can get info that is not syncing with your tax program.

There is something there that you will be surprised to find. It seems that ATX/CCH has decided to capture the amount that you bill your client. What this has to do with efiling I do not know, especially when it is none of their business and you are not using their $15 sevice to collect your fee.

It seems that ATX/CCH has decided to capture the amount that you bill your client.

Probably doing it for bank products, where the prep fees are taken from refund with a bank product. In which case they may have just set it up to grab it from every return without looking to see if a bank product was attached. Might be easier, or something? than differentiating bank products to non-bank products. No doubt they'd prefer everyone did the bank products so they can collect their "technology" fee.

I've submitted a dozen or so 1099s that are just sitting out there waiting to be acknowledged for over a week. The ones that finally made it though had outdated forms by that time and were rejected. So I've submitted them again and I'm waiting...... for them to be outdated and rejected again (along with the first batch that will, no doubt, be rejected). Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've submitted a dozen or so 1099s that are just sitting out there waiting to be acknowledged for over a week. The ones that finally made it though had outdated forms by that time and were rejected. So I've submitted them again and I'm waiting...... for them to be outdated and rejected again (along with the first batch that will, no doubt, be rejected). Is anyone else experiencing this?

1099's take a long time to get accepted. Make sure the form version is correct before transmittal, then if they get rejected or you don't hear send email to tech support. They got a couple of mine cleared out in a day after I contacted them. At least this year they ARE responding to support emails!