ATX Community

Facebook users beware

ILLMAS

Today I regret letting my nephew (10 yes old) open a facebook account, according to him I was the only person in the world that didn't have an account. Well last night just before closing shop I checked it, this morning I get a message that I have virus and to download a program called antivirus soft, this damm virus doesn't allow you to do much + it blocks your antivirus software, finally after 3 hours of down time I am up an running. So please update your antivirus periodically and avoid using facebook on you tax computer. From now on i will check my facebook via the iPhone or mac computer.

Today I regret letting my nephew (10 yes old) open a facebook account, according to him I was the only person in the world that didn't have an account. Well last night just before closing shop I checked it, this morning I get a message that I have virus and to download a program called antivirus soft, this damm virus doesn't allow you to do much + it blocks your antivirus software, finally after 3 hours of down time I am up an running. So please update your antivirus periodically and avoid using facebook on you tax computer. From now on i will check my facebook via the iPhone or mac computer.

I got the same kind of virus over the weekend. My computer guy says another of his clients also got it. The only site visited by both of us was www.whitepages.com.

Tell your nephew that you were not the only one in the world without an account. I don't either and cannot imagine that I ever will. I have enough trouble keeping up with just my email! And I don't really care if I miss out on something - I'm too busy to notice and haven't enough time now to do what I need to do let alone what I want to do. Extra bonus - no virus.

I'm with Margaret. I have clients that send me invites to join their face book. Hell I just got text on my cell this holliday season past. I started getting text mesages and after some research from my son he determined they were from a few clients with Holliday wishes. So I did breakdown and add minimal texting to my cell account. But Facebook is a whole nother matter. No plans at all to put my mug out there in that cyber storm.

So the count is growing.

and neither is buddy

Linda and buddy

To solve your problem, look for av.exe services and stop it. Then go to c:\documents and setting\yourname\local settings\application data and delete av.exe. The go c:\windows\Prefetch and look for av.exe or av plus numbers and delete it. If so far, you have found what I said, let me know and I will send you a little program that will fix your registry.