ATX Community

Transmission Fees

Terry D EA

Does anybody know what the 10.00 transmission fee is? I keep seeing windows that tell me to go online to the enrollment center to change/edit bank fees. I can't seem to find it no matter how I try to get there. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry D.

Happy New Year!

Bulldog Tom & I have been discussing this too. There supposedly will be a $10.00 fee charged for each bank application efiled. We have yet to see anything in writing anywhere stating anything about this charge. From what I understand ATX will keep $6.00 & the preparer will get $4.00 for each application at the end of the season. Again, We haven't seen or been able to find anything on ATX's site or correspondence where they state anything about this charge.

Eli

I have sent in my application to atx. I have already took care of the on line training with HSBC, I have not heard back from my application at atx. Does anyone know how long it may take? Can I set fees after that?

The approval comes from the bank. If the bank has approved your application, then the next step would be to register thru ATX. I'm not sure if that process is ready to go or not. I tried a couple of weeks ago, but it wouldn't work. I haven't tried since.

Eli

The applications through atx are working and you should enroll as soon as possible. The transmission fees are 10.00 set by atx and 6.00 goes to atx and the other 4.00 will be rebated to you later. I have been told the only place you would have heard about this fee was by the sales person that took your order. It is not documented anywhere other than the bank form in each return and even there it doesn't tell you what it is.

The applications through atx are working and you should enroll as soon as possible. The transmission fees are 10.00 set by atx and 6.00 goes to atx and the other 4.00 will be rebated to you later. I have been told the only place you would have heard about this fee was by the sales person that took your order. It is not documented anywhere other than the bank form in each return and even there it doesn't tell you what it is.

And this is why we need a lawyer. How is it that ATX can charge a fee that they don't tell us about? To our customers? What else are they taking? Our clients personal information? Are they selling tax return info from our clients without telling us?

I wish I knew a lawyer so I could ask if this is legal? We could have a nice class action against these dirty @$$^0!&$ if this is not legal.

I am so steamed about this - if it was not too late in the year, I would dump this pile of crap company with their lies and deception. They should be taken out behind the woodshed and have the crap kicked out of them.

No wonder they closed the other board. I am going to make it my mission this year to make life as difficult as possible for this company. They deserve nothing but the worst.

Tom

Lodi, CA

And this is why we need a lawyer. How is it that ATX can charge a fee that they don't tell us about? To our customers? What else are they taking? Our clients personal information? Are they selling tax return info from our clients without telling us?

I wish I knew a lawyer so I could ask if this is legal? We could have a nice class action against these dirty @$$^0!&$ if this is not legal.

I am so steamed about this - if it was not too late in the year, I would dump this pile of crap company with their lies and deception. They should be taken out behind the woodshed and have the crap kicked out of them.

No wonder they closed the other board. I am going to make it my mission this year to make life as difficult as possible for this company. They deserve nothing but the worst.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Correction to my previous statement...

It is supposedly documented on your quote when you order online or by mail as well.

If you call, the sales rep has to tell you while you are ordering.

I personally thought it should be documented in the bank enrollment somewhere but when I asked, they disagreed and said the only place it's documented is on the Bank form itself in the return, on the Data tab and when you order you are told about it.

I'm sure there is probably some legality to it.

I haven't read the license agreement yet this year but maybe it's located in there as well?

That would make sense to cover their butts.

Tom

Lodi, CA

tom - quit beating round the bush & tell us what you really think!!!

tom - quit beating round the bush & tell us what you really think!!!

Eric would have to kick me off the site and my pastor would kick me out of the church if I told you how I really feel.

This is freaking robbery. I like the advertisement on the MAX that says "no hidden fees". I guess this is not hidden? They never told me about it, and still have not officially. In some license agreement? Who reads that crap anyway? And who understands it?.

This is the last straw for me. I am going to go to another software next year, and I am going to campaign for everyone to go also. There is no good reason for ATX to get greedy like this.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I have sent in my application to atx. I have already took care of the on line training with HSBC, I have not heard back from my application at atx. Does anyone know how long it may take? Can I set fees after that?

Also keep in mind, HSBC is not allowing doc prep fees this year. You will only have the preset transmission fee and the efile fee. I was last told that they hoped to have the integration for the bank manager up and running on 1/3 so customers could pull their enrollment into the program etc...

Also keep in mind, HSBC is not allowing doc prep fees this year. You will only have the preset transmission fee and the efile fee. I was last told that they hoped to have the integration for the bank manager up and running on 1/3 so customers could pull their enrollment into the program etc...

I still can't seem to enroll thru ATX for bank products. It seems like last year was so much easier. If I'm not mistaken, by this time last year I had my checks and was pretty much set to go. I hope it's not a preview of things to come!!

Eli

I still can't seem to enroll thru ATX for bank products. It seems like last year was so much easier. If I'm not mistaken, by this time last year I had my checks and was pretty much set to go. I hope it's not a preview of things to come!!

Eli

What happens when you try to enroll?

Eli

Is there another enrollment step? I signed up through ATX in November for SBBT. I got a confirmation and a marketing kit, but no checks. Is there something else I need to do?

We are calling SBBT today to find out where we stand. They have been helpful in the past, so I hope to get some answers from them today.

For all you EX-ATX employees (or currently employed) - Is there anyway to bypass ATX and deal directly with SBBT? Or some other bank? I would like to take ATX out of the equation becuase they don't seem to have it together this year on the bank products. I remember a few years ago we went through this crap with ATX and banks and I lost some customers. I can't afford to lose any this year (I am just making good headway in a new city after moving my practice from Fresno to Lodi). A bank product debacle would make my practice look really bad.

I am worried - big time - that ATX is going to screw us on the bank products this year and not give a damn about it. They are going to take their fees for nothing, and leave us to explain why we have an additional fee for no service from ATX.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Is there another enrollment step? I signed up through ATX in November for SBBT. I got a confirmation and a marketing kit, but no checks. Is there something else I need to do?

We are calling SBBT today to find out where we stand. They have been helpful in the past, so I hope to get some answers from them today.

For all you EX-ATX employees (or currently employed) - Is there anyway to bypass ATX and deal directly with SBBT? Or some other bank? I would like to take ATX out of the equation becuase they don't seem to have it together this year on the bank products. I remember a few years ago we went through this crap with ATX and banks and I lost some customers. I can't afford to lose any this year (I am just making good headway in a new city after moving my practice from Fresno to Lodi). A bank product debacle would make my practice look really bad.

I am worried - big time - that ATX is going to screw us on the bank products this year and not give a damn about it. They are going to take their fees for nothing, and leave us to explain why we have an additional fee for no service from ATX.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Actually, I do believe there are two banks you can work with directly, Republic Bank is one of them.

I'm not sure of the other one but I'm 99% sure it's not SBBT.

I dare say the other one is Chase.

You would have to call tech support for that.

It's a bit difficult since I can't access any of the information I used to have.

Just remember that you may not be able to enroll with a different bank at this point, because they all have deadlines and I believe they have all passed.

If you have gone through the enrollment process on the ATX website then you should be all set with SBBT.

But I would call them anyways to see why they haven't sent your checks yet.

You'll be needing those shortly.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but once again, it's difficult when I don't have the resources in front of me.

Actually, I do believe there are two banks you can work with directly, Republic Bank is one of them.

I'm not sure of the other one but I'm 99% sure it's not SBBT.

I dare say the other one is Chase.

You would have to call tech support for that.

It's a bit difficult since I can't access any of the information I used to have.

Just remember that you may not be able to enroll with a different bank at this point, because they all have deadlines and I believe they have all passed.

If you have gone through the enrollment process on the ATX website then you should be all set with SBBT.

But I would call them anyways to see why they haven't sent your checks yet.

You'll be needing those shortly.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but once again, it's difficult when I don't have the resources in front of me.

You are a great assistance, and I really appreciate your time on the board. If I sound perturbed, and slam ATX, it is not because of people like you, William, Kerry, etc, etc. The sales and support staff were always great. But management has got me stirred up right now.

Thanks again for your input.

Tom

Lodi, CA

So this $10.00 is in addition to the $5 fed and $3 state e-filing fees they are charging us this year?

That stinks!!

Paula

:angry::angry:

What are you talking about $5 federal and $3 state efile fees from ATX, I was under the impression that MAX had unlimited efile... with no additional charges, just like last year?????

Bill

That's correct, Bill. I believe they are talking about regular 1040 program. It only comes with the 1st 100 efiles free.

Eli

That's correct, Bill. I believe they are talking about regular 1040 program. It only comes with the 1st 100 efiles free.

Eli

Max has unlimited efile.

That's the ONLY program though.

Anything other than Max is NOT unlimited.

Some have 100 efiles free and some have none.

If only it were so! The regular 1040 program ($395) comes with three states but NO free efiles. The 1040 Office ($595) come with all states and 100 free efiles.

There was Free EFile for 1040 Office last year. So I have renewed that 1040 Office again on April 20, 2007. I don't know they changed ( only first 100 free Efile, then $5 after) until the last minutes when I received the Software in Dec 10, 2007. So I have to changed to Max Program and it cost me more $ 660 and $ 10 for transmition fee. Hopefully, the software will work smooth through the tax season. By the way, Sch EIC is still not available. Why ? I got some clients come to my office today but I can't gave them an estimate.

Tom

NY

There was Free EFile for 1040 Office last year. So I have renewed that 1040 Office again on April 20, 2007. I don't know they changed ( only first 100 free Efile, then $5 after) until the last minutes when I received the Software in Dec 10, 2007. So I have to changed to Max Program and it cost me more $ 660 and $ 10 for transmition fee. Hopefully, the software will work smooth through the tax season. By the way, Sch EIC is still not available. Why ? I got some clients come to my office today but I can't gave them an estimate.

Tom

NY

The estimated date for Sch EIC is 1/15/08 per the myatx.com.

If you click the Download Center tab at the top, then click ATX Forms Schedule on the left, it will list estimated dates for you on all the forms.