ATX Community

Quickbooks Proadvisor

mwrightea

If you're going to purchasing it every year or so (clients use it and update on their own schedules, so you have to have their year), then it's probably cheaper. You get every year as it comes out. You get discounts which you can pass along to your clients, or not. You get discounts on Payroll and Merchant Services and.... With the Accountants' version, you can toggle to the version your client has so you see what they see on their screen. You get dedicated support out of Austin, TX, during business hours. You have access to their training, much of it entirely free.

If you don't have to buy every year (clients don't update often or you keep them on the same schedule) then you can certainly save by buying only when a major upgrade and waiting for sales.

Do any of you see a benefit from QB Proadvisor program versus Just purchasing the Software?

You get a seperate phone number than the users of QuickBooks for technical support that I have found is always answered quickly by a knowledgeable person.

You can also advertise that you are a QuickBooks pro advisor eventho that doesn't mean anything since all you did was pay the fee. You can take their test and then advertise yourself to be a certified QuickBooks pro advisor.

NO

You can also advertise that you are a QuickBooks pro advisor eventho that doesn't mean anything since all you did was pay the fee. You can take their test and then advertise yourself to be a certified QuickBooks pro advisor.

I took the bait one time.

Just buy the software, and don't necessarily buy it every year. I am currently using 2008 and have NO customers even uptodate that far. Most are 2005-2007. Anything you purchase above the software price is just marketing hype and more profit margin for Intuit.

We do use their payroll service which we update every year, but are taking hard looks at other possiblilities.

I've been buying the proadvisor package for past few years, actually today QB 2011 came in. I buy it more for the enhanced payroll service, I am able to do all payroll quarterly/year-end forms, no need to use another software. My accounting file is still in the 2007 version. Another great benefit is tech support, this come in handy for clients that have unstable PC.