ATX Community

Happy Birthday L.S.

TAXBILLY

Thank you. My son with his new bride at Starlight Lake, PA. He's an innkeeper and she's the executive chef of The Inn at Starlight Lake. My profile picture adds me and my husband and our daughter to the bride and groom.

InnAtStarlightLake.com or find them on Facebook.

Fabulous pictures!!! (LOVE your purple dress!)

Thank you. My son with his new bride at Starlight Lake, PA. He's an innkeeper and she's the executive chef of The Inn at Starlight Lake. My profile picture adds me and my husband and our daughter to the bride and groom.

InnAtStarlightLake.com or find them on Facebook.

I would love to see the picture but for some reason your details overlay the picture. I changed the resolution on my screen but still can't see the whole group. Any ideas? I also tried the other day to click on the new photo to see a closeup but that only led me to the original picture so I admit I am technically challenged with this task!

I also have that overlap problem in my profile. I was able to solve some of my picture posting problems with F5 Refresh, at Eric's suggestion. I guess we'll have to ask him about the overlap, though.

Oh, and the dress was a cheapie at Dress Barn Outlet and chosen by my husband, daughter, and new daughter-in-law/bride, over a Lord & Taylor dress! (It photographs blue instead of deep purple in some of the pictures.) Of course, I then spent a fortune on shoes, hose, underwear, etc., to wear with it.

Wherever you got the dress, it looks gorgeous on you!

We're going to an extremely formal wedding ball in early November. Couple does historical reenactments of various centuries, and requirement was for "formal attire of the century of your choice". Bride is wearing an entirely hand-sewn, cream silk, sacque gown similar to the one here Sacque gown . Only hers is more elaborate.

My younger girl, Gwen, is wearing a formal gown from the 60's, I believe -- it was the bride's (now-deceased) mother's. I had to re-make it to fit Gwen (bride's mother was about 7" taller than Gwen and the whole bodice had to be re-done), plus repair properly some ill-done mends of an earlier time. Fiona will wear a gown I made for a formal affair I attended when I was about 28. My husband will wear formal kilt attire and hopes to have his authentic antique Scottish basket-hilted sword repairs finished in time (they're going to do a sword arch entrance). Between late clients and the remaking of Gwen's dress I've run out of time for myself and am having a dress made in turquoise silk two-worm dupioni. I did, however, make the corset that goes under it. Now if I can just find the time to finish out the _trim_ on the corset.

Yes, there will be pictures.