ATX Community

Still Braggin on my son - another win

BulldogTom

So my son's team put a beatdown on McNair in the second round of the playoffs last week 48-16 in a game that was not that close. Lodi rushed for over 300 yards and pulled their starters in the 4th quarter, which allowed McNair to score two meaningless touchdowns in the last 5 minutes of the game. Lodi's senior tailback, Jordan Perkins, who is committed to Stanford, scored three touchdowns and rushed for 241 yards.

This Friday, they travel to Pleasant Grove of Elk Grove to play the number one seed in the playoffs. This is the furthest that any Lodi team has ever advanced in the playoffs.

The Lodi offensive line was interviewed last night by a Sacramento Newspaper reporter. This is the first time that a Sacramento newspaper has come to Lodi to interview anyone, let alone a group of "big ugly" linemen.

I am so proud of my son. He has started 21 games at center on the varsity team the last two years.

So while my wife is off to southern california to spend Thanksgiving with her family, my son and I are getting some quality time alone this week while he prepares for the game.

Thanks for letting me go off about my kid. I know this is a tax board, but I just wanted to share with you all.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Congrats to your son, the team, the supporters, the coach, all who have made these achievements possible! Hey, if we can't brag about our kids here, where else? This is, after all, to many of us our extended work family - just not within the usual 4 walls.

Best of luck in the next game although I think luck is a small part here. The team is good and got that way through very hard work and determination. Gail said it well: GO LODI!