ATX Community

PTIN

Karen Lee

I don't have "the letter" either. However, on the website, it shows that I have a PTIN; same one I always had and when I click on PTIN, it shows a screen which says it is provisional until sometime in Dec, 2011. It is provisional because I am one of the lucky folks who have to pass the test.

As soon as I noticed that my check was cashed, I called to ask the status. I was told that I had my original number. I asked about a document stating such and was told that, well, if I would like, one would be sent. I stated that I would like, so one was sent. I don't think I would have received without the request, though. Maybe try to call and ask.

My check was cashed and the site lists me correctly. I called and asked for a letter (twice) and have not received on yet.

I called very early on and they verified that I was "good to go". Have never received a letter. I did print the web page stating that I had a PTIN.....just for insurance.