ATX Community

Direct Debit for Efile

Terry O

I am not sure WHAT I am missing - - -have my first SUPER easy tax return yesterday - -1 W-2 - - - YAY!!!

I rolled over the client from last year, and checked ALL the boxes for direct debit out of a checking account - -but it does NOT appear on the 1040 and client letter indicates that a check is to be mailed in. I have been e filing since 1990 - -so I am not new at this - - - - it has to be something "hiding in plain sight".

Can anyone tell me what I am missing this year??

Thank you!

I am not sure WHAT I am missing - - -have my first SUPER easy tax return yesterday - -1 W-2 - - - YAY!!!

I rolled over the client from last year, and checked ALL the boxes for direct debit out of a checking account - -but it does NOT appear on the 1040 and client letter indicates that a check is to be mailed in. I have been e filing since 1990 - -so I am not new at this - - - - it has to be something "hiding in plain sight".

Can anyone tell me what I am missing this year??

Thank you!

Go to the payment tab on the 1040 EF Info form and read it carefully. There is also a consent to disclose debit card tab next to payment which I believe is new. Since you are the first one paying (my early clients get refunds or pay by mail), please keep us informed.

Thanks, I checked the new disclosures, put the information in, but I still have the same outcome - - -no info on the 1040, and client letter still shows paper check.

I find the new disclosures a tad confusing, since they are suing the term "Debit Card" and it is a direct debit from a checking account.

Looks like I may have to break down and call support this morning.

Terry....to my knowledge, the bank information never appears on the 1040 when it is a debit. When you filled out the bank account debit information, did you also put in a date for the debit. I usually choose April 10; so the client can file now but doesn't have to have the money in the account until then. You have to put some date on that line even if it is the day you prepare the return.

Thanks MCB39 ( and I DO love the vanity plate!), I re-imputed the info, and the client letter was changed - -YAY!!!

Personally - -I enjoy the 4/1 APRIL FOOL day as my preference for withdrawals - - kinda give everyone a couple of days to make sure all goes through on time.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo here goes!!! Every year an adventure!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! The above return was ACCEPTED by the IRS !!! We will have to wait until 3/1 to see if they actually take the money from the checking, and thank heavens the program prompts to release the held NYS - -

One down - - a couple of hundred to go - - - -

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! The above return was ACCEPTED by the IRS !!! We will have to wait until 3/1 to see if they actually take the money from the checking, and thank heavens the program prompts to release the held NYS - -

That first one is always such a good feeling. They all are, but that first ACK is special. Don't worry, they will withdraw the money as you directed them to. I have never heard of an instance when they haven't; not that I doubt that those instances might exist.

That first one is always such a good feeling. They all are, but that first ACK is special. Don't worry, they will withdraw the money as you directed them to. I have never heard of an instance when they haven't; not that I doubt that those instances might exist.

Agree that first ACKS gives you such a thrill. Won't have any of those til after 2/1/11. Glad my clients are not those who file first. Bugs are usually worked out by 2/1.

How does it prompt you? I did one and I did not get a prompt. I saw it was accepted and then transmtted the state. No problem now but when I get busy I don't want to forget.

How does it prompt you? I did one and I did not get a prompt. I saw it was accepted and then transmtted the state. No problem now but when I get busy I don't want to forget.

I am wondering the same thing. I am in a (used to be) piggyback state so never had to hold and prompt. So far, so good, but like you I have just waited for the Fed to ACK and then file the State.

I set the preference to "HOLD" for the state - - -then after the Fed is accepted - - I get an immediate prompt asking if I would like to release the held return.

And - -yes - - -sadly - -I can remember the day of "dial-up" modems - -when I held my breath every time a tax return was transmitted - - a few were lost in mid transmission - - - -

30 years and the first every year is always a heart stopper - - - -OY!