ATX Community

NT - Blizzard

ILLMAS

Wow Chicago is under extreme weather advisory for the next hours, I am afraid the wind is going to take roof, yes this is the windy city but today we have snow, wind and thunder. Here is a short vid I took outside my window, you can't really hear the wind howling because of the double windows, but you can sure feel the house shake.

Looks a lot like Bellwood Avenue, Bellwood, IL, where I grew up and where my sister still lives west of the city. Wish you guys would keep your midwest storms to yourselves instead of sending them out here to mix with our nor'easters and spawn giant mutant storms. They don't play well on our narrow, windy, hilly roads.

It's been nasty here, too -- but not nearly as windy _this_ time (last blizzard came with 60mph-plus winds). Close to another foot (light and fluffy yesterday because it was COLD), and then sleet, rain for a while as a warm front went over us, and now freezing rain on top of it all as temperatures plummet with the warm front going back south of us. I'm cooking dinner _now_ so if we lose power with ice on power lines we will have had hot food.

My husband (sweet guy that he is) has been out chopping the 2+ inches of ice off the sidewalks since 9:00 am. It's everywhere!

Closed office to all walk-in traffic for today to not risk anyone falling. Didn't totally work. 4 people handed Ed paperwork to bring inside to me, mailman dropped off 2 more envelopes, phone constantly ringing.

Rescheduled most of yesterday's cancelled appts into next week due to the 2+ inches of snow that fell and is now trapped under the ice. Two callers threw a fit when I told them there are no evening appts until Feb 15 and no Saturday openings until Feb 19. Finally changed answering machine msg stating that and stopped answering the phone. Now hearing the multiple hang-ups when they hear the msg.

Care to join me in going bonkers???:spaz: Isn't living in the northeast a blast??

Elfling

• Like 1