ATX Community

EFIN incorrect

Steve M

I am not able to e-file and get a message stating that my efin is not registered to my client number. It's the same EFIN that I've had for years and I just rolled it over from 2006. Any one else having this issue. ATX customer support is clueless at this point.

Also ATX is telling me we cannot e-file until tomorrow because the 1040 is not finalized. Yet the forms log says vs 24 approved. I am getting a message saying EIC & 8880 not approved for e-filing. Is that because ATX's version is not approved or is the IRS the culprit. H & R Block claims they have been e-filing. If that's true then it's an ATX problem. Iguess I would just like to know.

Thanks in advance

Steve M

I am not able to e-file and get a message stating that my efin is not registered to my client number. It's the same EFIN that I've had for years and I just rolled it over from 2006. Any one else having this issue. ATX customer support is clueless at this point.

Also ATX is telling me we cannot e-file until tomorrow because the 1040 is not finalized. Yet the forms log says vs 24 approved. I am getting a message saying EIC & 8880 not approved for e-filing. Is that because ATX's version is not approved or is the IRS the culprit. H & R Block claims they have been e-filing. If that's true then it's an ATX problem. Iguess I would just like to know.

Thanks in advance

Steve M

How can they or anyone else efile if the start date with IRS is on the 11th? Maybe they are just efiling to their servers.

Eli

ATX won't start accepting EFiles until the IRS does tomorrow. But ATX is requiring a copy of your EFIN verification on file before you will be able to transmit. You will need to fax in a copy of either the letter you recieved last year from the IRS or you can print one off from the IRS Eservices page.

ATX won't start accepting EFiles until the IRS does tomorrow. But ATX is requiring a copy of your EFIN verification on file before you will be able to transmit. You will need to fax in a copy of either the letter you recieved last year from the IRS or you can print one off from the IRS Eservices page.

I have been with ATX for only 3 years, but they have NEVER asked me for proof or verification of my EFIN before I transmit. I'm not sure where you are getting this from. I have already efiled 5 1099's to their servers, and successfully completed their transmission test. I have been an ERO for over 15 years.

I have been with ATX for only 3 years, but they have NEVER asked me for proof or verification of my EFIN before I transmit. I'm not sure where you are getting this from. I have already efiled 5 1099's to their servers, and successfully completed their transmission test. I have been an ERO for over 15 years.

You don't need an EFIN for efiling 1099's.

And ATX just started required EFIN's this year.

However, some people go lucky and their EFIN's were already migrated over to the new system customer service is using for holding ATX customer data.

You may want to call and just make sure your EFIN is on file before you start sending 1040's.

Actually, if you are enrolled for bank products, you would not have been able to if your EFIN wasn't on file.

So if you already enrolled you would be all set.

You don't need an EFIN for efiling 1099's.

And ATX just started required EFIN's this year.

However, some people go lucky and their EFIN's were already migrated over to the new system customer service is using for holding ATX customer data.

You may want to call and just make sure your EFIN is on file before you start sending 1040's.

Actually, if you are enrolled for bank products, you would not have been able to if your EFIN wasn't on file.

So if you already enrolled you would be all set.

My test transmission was successful. Does this mean that my EFIN was migrated over, or just that my system meets the ATX minimum requirements for transmitting efiles?

I don't offer any bank products. What # do I call at ATX to verify that I'm set up, or what's the fax # to send ATX my IRS letter?

If it allows you transmit a live return then you are all set, otherwise you would get a message about your EFIN not being registered. They have a different fax number for those, that I don't remember. You can fax it to the regular fax number 800-285-5076, put ATTN Data Entry and it should get to the correct place.