ATX Community

Adobe Reader X

HV Ken

Ever since upgrading to Adobe Reader X, when I click on the Help button to open Form instructions, Adobe Reader opens up, but the instructions do not load. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is Adobe Reader X working ok for you?

Have you opened a regular PDF with the new Reader?

Ever since upgrading to Adobe Reader X, when I click on the Help button to open Form instructions, Adobe Reader opens up, but the instructions do not load. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is Adobe Reader X working ok for you?

I have this same problem....I have found that if you close Adobe then open the instructions again....the second time it opens OK.

I have this same problem....I have found that if you close Adobe then open the instructions again....the second time it opens OK.

I am not having the same experience. Just called the help desk and their response was we don't support Adobe Reader X and we need to uninstall and go back to version 9. But won't Adobe just keep trying to move us up to the new version? And wouldn't a blog post on myatx on this be useful?

I am not having the same experience. Just called the help desk and their response was we don't support Adobe Reader X and we need to uninstall and go back to version 9. But won't Adobe just keep trying to move us up to the new version? And wouldn't a blog post on myatx on this be useful?

I have found that Adobe X requires various changes to different settings to work as previous versions did. I can only assume that this "problem" has something to do with some Adobe X setting....and that it can be changed. I just have not had time to mess with it.

Steps:

Uninstall Adobe Reader 10.

reboot.

Install Adobe Reader 9.

reboot.

Result:

I can open instructions again.

Not what I had planned for this morning!!