ATX Community

NATP (National Association of Tax Professionals) -- Any Members?

Gloria

Are any of you members of NATP (National Association of Tax Professionals)?

I received an e-mail with the following offer: "For a limited time, if you join NATP at the member price of $147, we will give you our Registered Tax Preparer Review Course DVD ($65 value) and a RTRP Course Electronic Textbook ($80 value) at no cost. This offer expires December 31, 2011."

I am thinking about joining. I you are a member, please let me know what your experience has been with this organization.

Thanks.

Several of us are members of NATP, and the benefits of membership have been discussed on this forum before. This is a fairly recent discussion (if the link works) I just did a quick search on NATP, but it seems to me like I remember an older discussion.

I personally appreciate the weekly emails and the monthly periodicals that discuss tax issues. Most of the professional organizations, such as NATP, NAEA, etc. offer similar emails and publications. For me, it just reminds of things I haven't used lately or teaches me about areas that don't have much impact on my practice (yet!) and lets me view other positions on tax law and how to run an office. It sounds like you have been offered a good deal on membership.

I am a member and have never regretted it. I go to the annual conference to get my CPE's and can get 30 credits for 4 days. The publications and newletters are good. Very professional organization. The conference classes are classified basic, intermediate or advanced. Also the conference includes an ethics class or two. It is spendy to go cross country and stay at the conference site but I can concentrate on the classes and get it all done.

Karen

• Like 1