ATX Community

Next casualty - ATX Chat With Tech Support

HV Ken

I needed to call the ATX support number this am, and asked why "ATX Chat With Tech Support" still was showing as UNAVAILABLE, even though it is within published support hours.

Phone tech told me that chat support was discontinued effectively immediately.

The times I have used chat support, I found it to be very effective. With the loss of first the ATXers community, and now Chat support, their phone lines (assuming they also don't get cut) are going to be backed up....

HV Ken

What a drag ! I keep hoping that the bad news will end. Every new service reduction makes it that much more likely I will need to switch software, and deal with the dreaded conversion process, electronic or even worse manual. What a shame about ATX. It was I think the best package out there for the money, and was improving a bunch each year. Now, with the likely abdication of thousands of users, following a large abdication the year before, it will make less and less sense for CCH to maintain this investment. It seems to me inevitable that the ATX product will decline in adequacy for 2007 season, and eventually get folded into the other CCH small practice product line. WHAT A SHAME !

I have decided that Marge's Bookkeeping will be my part time job. I will cut way back and kick all my pita clients to the curb. Pick and choose my clients and go with TAXACT for software.

I have a already gotten two job offers for really good accounting positions and will probably end up with more money at year end then I do doing this full time.

I figure I can do 100 tax returns nites and weekends and keep a few good bookkeeping clients.

I just cannot see giving ATX over a $1000 per year for Max when it is overkill for my needs.

I would like to continue with this board though if that is alright with the rest of you.

Marge

I would like to continue with this board though if that is alright with the rest of you.

Marge

I hope I can speak for the others on here that of course you're welcome to stay. If I can't speak for the others on here...then MY OPINION IS THAT YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO BE HERE.

Thank You very much....

Marge

Marge,

I had the same idea that you have a couple of years ago. I closed the office store front, moved everything to my home where I thought I could pick and choose my clients and scale the business back. The picking and choosing did work but we still have new clients every year and the flow of human traffic in and out of my home is becoming a pain. The nice trade off is I am able to have dinner with my family and spend more time at home. Watch out when you say you want to cut it back a little, as it might not happen.

Terry D

• 8 months later...

I too was looking for the online chat support. Maybe this is gone with the closing of Caribou and laying off of the personnel there.

And their phone lines have been so bogged down that they have been either busy or they hang up after about 5 minutes.

When I see a service gone I feel it is in our best interest to tell ATX via their suggestions. I think I am logging on at least once a week now to let them know that the service is an integral part of their product. Maybe if we all continue to do this, someone over there will listen. We can only hope.

Joel