ATX Community

Virus Intrusion

Christian

I use Microsoft Essentials for virus and firewall protection. This week a notice pops up telling me it is cleaning the computer of a detected virus. On checking it identifies it as a severe threat so, of course, I called my isp who said do a full scan and a malware scan. Some time back I downloaded a Norton scan and it identified a number of suspected threats. Guess what. All the files identified were CCH ATX files. Anyone else had this problem? I did not delete them.

• Like 1

Intelliconnect add-on doesn't even work in the new version of Firefox, but you don't really need the add-on anyway. It might still work in IE if you need it to. The add-on is what's being detected as malware because it uses some toolbar software to 'hijack' your search. Not really a concern.

ATX is not alone. My old tax software had 'suspicious' files too.

The virus is identified as Exploit:html-Prominer.A which I of course deleted. I had to access the 2013 version of ATX yesterday and the pop up box kept coming so I just gave up. Today I've had no problems thank goodness. I formally used Zone Alarm but it blocked certain functions of the ATX software. :(