ATX Community

Laugh of the Day

kcjenkins

MY MOST EMBARRASSING 'SENIOR MOMENT'

Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal pat down. Iwas looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets.

A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing. Suddenly I realized that I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My wife has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right.

The parking lot was empty. I immediately call the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all. “Honey,” I stammered. (I always call her “honey” in times like these.) “I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen.”

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard her voice, “Ken,” she barked, “I dropped you off!”

Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, “Well, come and get me.”

She retorted, “I will ... as soon as I convince this policeman that I have not stolen your car!”

• Like 4

Very funny!

Reminds me of something that happened just two days ago. My wife and I arrived home together after work and as I was rummaging through my keys to unlock the front door, I looked up and said, "oh, I will just use this one". She had been home earlier and left her house key in the lock for anybody that wanted to enter, I guess. If anybody did enter though, they would have had to deal with my baby - Maggie, the German Shepherd - on the other side of the door. Good luck with that! If I come in late and the house is dark and do something or make a noise out of the norm or have a hat on, she will stop ME in my tracks. I would not want to be a stranger walking in...........Best security system around!

Horse walks into a bar. Bartender: "Why the long face?"

What did the zero say to the eight? "Nice belt."

Knock, knock. Who's there? Avery. Avery who? Avery time I come over here, we go through this.

These are my three jokes that are guaranteed to make my kids go: "Mom. OMG."

• Like 1