ATX Community

NT-Just a proud mom

My son turned 18 today and passed the tests to receive his commercial pilot's license. This is the first day that he was legally allowed to do so. He had a goal for the last three birthdays to solo, get his private and instrument rating and his commercial and managed to do them all. That's a lot of student loans that he won't have to pay for in college. He is applying now to fly skydivers, which is much better than crop dusting. I want him to have a lot more flight time before he does that, if ever.

Bonnie

• Like 1

Drones are one of the reasons that he did not try the Air Force. (Besides his brother has already done two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and I don't want to go through it again if possible) He is hoping to get on with a business jet or the airlines after college. I don't think that they can fly people in drones yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, KC, we think he has done really well. He has helped me more than I thought anyone could by explaining things to me and helping me face my fears. I don't have to take sedatives to fly on jets anymore and even will fly with him in the single engine planes. When I think how much I missed by my paralyzing fear of flying for my entire life, it's kind of sad. I turned down jobs that included travel and great trips. Now II may be able to get to London someday.