ATX Community

8453 Required???????

mcb39

Don't worry if the PIN status says 8453 required, it said that in most prior years as well for many returns no matter what signature option you selected. As long as you used the PIN method the 8453 is not required, even if the PIN status column says so !

Don't worry if the PIN status says 8453 required, it said that in most prior years as well for many returns no matter what signature option you selected. As long as you used the PIN method the 8453 is not required, even if the PIN status column says so !

I had this problem last year...no fix for it was ever issued.....ATX finally gave up and told me to "Ignore it"

My Acks are coming back accepted, but under Pin Status it says Practitioner Pin, 8453 Required. Is anyone else seeing this and what does it mean. None of my accepted e files should require an 8453.....

Marilyn,

I'm not in the office yet, but don't remember seeing the "8453 required" on any of my accepted returns. Why don't you check to make sure your return doesn't include any of those forms that are required to be sent to IRS with the 8453. It's no longer a signature form, but it is a cover sheet for the specific forms when used or needed with the return.

Cathy

Only one out of 26 of our efiles state "8453 required" and oddly it's a state return that was piggybacked on the federal which PA encourages. PA does not require 8453 to ever be mailed in. So we're ignoring the e-file manager notation. Of course, we have both the federal and state 8879 in the client file.

^_^

Some of my WI state returns also came back that way, as well as federal extensions last year. My state doesn't even have a 8453 anymore so I figure it is just a glitch as it was last year. I wouldn't even waste the time trying to contact support if it is just the state returns that say that. Check to be sure though.

Some of my WI state returns also came back that way, as well as federal extensions last year. My state doesn't even have a 8453 anymore so I figure it is just a glitch as it was last year. I wouldn't even waste the time trying to contact support if it is just the state returns that say that. Check to be sure though.

Thanks to all of you. It is the WI returns that say that, which is so confusing. I did not have the problem last year as some of you did, so had never seen it before. Thanks again. I will ignore. Also, have you had any WI come back with Debt Indicators yet. I had one accepted who expected part of his WI to be held; and it did not come back with an indicator.