ATX Community

Problem with Update

mcb39

I just checked the other board and unfortunately everyone else is having the same problem. I think I will sit out the update for the time being.

Like I said earlier I believe this is going to be a bad bad bad tax season. Many are suggesting patience, however we are getting closer and closer to the start and it seems like we are further away from being ready!

Deb!

No issues with XP except slowness continues. On Win7 64 bit; program shuts down when attempt is made to open return that opened fine before (TEST return) Please advise. :wall:

I deleted the TEST return on Win 7 program. Rolled it over again and it opens fine. Hope this is a clue for someone. Again, no issues with XP.

based on the problems I am seeing here and on the other ATX community, I think I will hold off on installing the 12.2 update. I sure hope ATX gets things right soon. I still do not understand why they tried to change the program so much. Sure there were things that could be improved and additional features that many users wanted.....but why attempt to fix what wasn't broken? now we have expensive software that MAY be good at some point, but is essentiallly useless right now.

I just hope it is not still useless a week from now.

My test return actually opened and stayed open. It was still slower than normal opening, but 1,000% better than last week. There is nothing in my test except a 1040 and 1040N. I won't even look at the client letter, because I am afraid that I will break down and cry after all of the bad reviews that I am seeing on the other site.

I have not had any problems with ATX 2012 until todays update, I would get an error message saying the update could not be install because the ATX2012 path is missing. I was finally able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the program and reinstalling back, the two returns I had rolled over were still there and plus I was able to completely run the update.