ATX Community

PROGRAM HAS STOPPED WORKING

GeorgeM

Almost everyone......At least at my office, I have 9 stations with diferent pc specs none lower than 4gb ram and good cpu's and all windows 7 & 8 . 64 & 32 bits .

They all crash in their own special way some during copy paste, some during rollover others opening a tax some wont even open the software, Each one is special :)

We are networked, with Server 2011 and Windows 7 on workstations. I have only had one crash so far, while entering data on a sch. C. Lost everything on the C. Re-opened return, saved every couple of entries, had no problem. But we are mostly using the payroll program so far doing W2s and 1099s. Your mileage may vary.

... hmm, for me too.

Can open the program, everything is up to date, can change settings, can open the form itself!, and when I try to open a return ... program crashed!!!

already hate those $hit2y updates :angry:

I'm sorry, this is so serious, but I love that last line. I died. Twice.

• Like 1

You are making me afraid to even go and check. I have two machines with Win 7 64 bit and one with Win XP, all stand alone. So far I have never had a crash on any of them. I have been updating all day and it's been smooth so far. However I don't want to be like Rita and die.........twice.

• Like 1

OK........I opened one return that I have been opening every day. I left it open and rolled over a new return that had just come in. The rollover went fine. I opened the second return. Had two returns open and both were OK. This is the first time I tried that. I have to admit that I held my breath the entire time. This is the machine that I maxed to 16G Ram night before last.

Tell me that I am still alive.

• Like 1

"How many people using Windows 7 are having the program crash issue?"

Unfortunately, I must say that my stable pc config is using XP Pro SP3 as OS and I have these problems after one smooth and stable so far local installation of the program - I've never had such problems running ATX since 2009, including 2012 one.

However just checked my sys info (again) and it seems 2GB RAM there!, so I am going to change this fact asap ...

At the same time, I just came to mind something so I am going to check this now and will come back later.

@ mcb39, joanmcq - Congrats! Lucky ones! :)