ATX Community

Client Letter Manager Bugs

ETax847

Is anyone else having problems getting their combined fed and state client letter to display properly. When I combine the two, the format is Federal, Closing, State, instead of having the closing at the end. This is extremely frustrating as it is preventing me from printing and finalizing returns

In the Options-preferences-Client Communication settings, towards the bottom there is a way of moving the phrases up or down in the body of the letter. Your defaults must have changed. Highlight the phrase and the grayed up & down arrows should become black and then you can move the offending phrase to where you want it.

Must remember to watch training CD! I found this by accident.

• Like 2

I want to put the paragraph about "Where's my refund". I've gone into the preferences, marked the things that I want, but it is not showing up on the letter. Also, the preferences say this letter goes into new returns, what about returns rolled over that didn't have letters in them last year?

Did the Cover Sheet that goes with the letter get removed? It used to appear automatically and no longer does.

ebillimoria - go to Preferences menu, then click on Client Communications. The first section contains check boxes to include cover sheets and other items to include as defaults.

I'm having the same problem of not being able to get my client letter with the new preferences. I want to add the "where's my refund", but it says only to new returns. How do I get that in the letter of rolled over returns? I had a return with no previous client letter, so I tried to go to add new forms, clicked the client letter to add, but the same old letter from last year was added, not the new letter I thought I had done in preferences. I need some step by step.