ATX Community

I just f@#$ed myself- Help please

joanmcq

Ok, I've been one of the few people for whom the program is working. I've tried to set a password for the program before, but it never 'took'.

So I just set up my employee as a 'tax preparer' which has very limited priveledges. I also put a password on 'administrative' but didn't set myself up as a user.

So now I can't log in at all except as my employee.

HELP!!!!! :spaz:

Tech geeks????

And yes, I finally completed some returns today. And I really really don't want to uninstall/reinstall since the damn thing has worked for me. Although I do have the whole thing backed up in Idrive.

restore program to yesterday?

I think I did that same thing in a prior year when I was installing the program on my laptop and thought I needed security on that machine (I don't have employees). I was able to get into the program like Frannie and Jack have suggested. Hopefully a tech can help you access that part of the database, but if not and since you haven't done many returns yet, you might have to back up the returns you've worked on so far, uninstall and reinstall the program as opposed to being on hold with technical. You'll loose whatever you've customized though. .

The problem is I don't think I set up a user name. Just put in the password under administrative. and the logon button is grayed out when I don't put anything in the username box.

didn't everyone's user name automatically defaut to 'admin' at setup? did you enter a password as your user name?