ATX Community

Problems in printing

Dan

When I try to print, everything prints backwards. I tried to turn mirrow printing off in the advanced features but it comes back on. It says off when I click off, but when I click on the advance features again it says the mirrow feature is on. Nothing stays even when I disable the whole feature,

What is problem? How are the rest of you printing any pages?

Not a user or developer of ATX. WIth that said, I bet the default setting is taken from the printer's software. It would be poor programming to change your default setting, but is proper to show you the setting and allow it to be changed for the current job. There are also bad printer drivers, which show an incorrect setting, do not respect a program's request to change a setting, and so on.

If you cannot get the printer's defaults (using Windows) set to not mirror, and there is no physical setting for mirror on the printer, then delete the printer (from Windows), then reinstall it. For the reinstall, use the manufacturer's web site, not a CD you got with the printer.

If that does not work, see if the manufacturer offers a generic driver to try. Sometimes the less "features" in the printer software, the better the printer software actually works.

In the change printer, properties, adavanced feature, the ATX program does not let me keep the mirror image off. I turn it off but it does not stay off when I leave the feature. I come back to the feature and the mirror image is on again.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it?

I am finding that the printing is very slow. I wait anywhere between 5 and 10 min to print out a customer's return, then it repeats the billing invoice and 1040 form. This is not what I paid for. I have been a customer of ATX for many years 10+ I almost changed to another software 2 years ago, but now this is nuts. I can handle the wait time for the forms to open but printing needs to be fast as I have appts back to back when it gets real busy

One issue with the defaults is that 'federal copy for state' is a default print. Uncheck this and you won't get a separate copy. I can't find a way to remove the default from my print packets, but after I print more returns, I might find an answer.

I just spent a good hour looking over the print module. You are correct. I generally use the Custom print so I just choose what I want. However, it has gotten so loaded down with overkill that it is hard to find what I want. I did print a return and everything was fine including speed. Did you ever find out what happened to the Cover sheet? We will find a way to figure it all out because we have to. ;)

In the change printer, properties, adavanced feature, the ATX program does not let me keep the mirror image off. I turn it off but it does not stay off when I leave the feature. I come back to the feature and the mirror image is on again.

Don't change the drivers for the printer, that will not solve your issue.

Do you have another printer that you can print to?

Are you admin for the ATX program? Are you admin to the computer? If you are not admin to the ATX program, you might not be able to change the print settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, atx had a new update yesterday and after i installed it my next return I printed was about as fast as last years. Finally, I can be productive again. :P

Beg pardon? Do you mean a forms update? Cause I think I am still waiting patiently on 12.8. Actually, print spooling did improve for me on 12.7, crashing increased, deleting the Assets Folder and reinstalling forms helped with that, and I am able to go at about 50% now. Opening returns is still a good time to clean or make a sandwich or stare at the computer screen. At this rate, I run out of time, not clients. Half my clients are not going to want extensions. Nothing personal against me or anything. Business is business.