ATX Community

After 12.8 / Now it wants activation code

RitaB

Did everyone download from the web? Did everyone then open the ATX program and let the installation take place. Did everyone then totally shut down their computers and restart (entire computer, not just the ATX program). My updates went well on both desktop and laptop. Opening the program is not an issue for me. Of course, I have not tried to prepare a return yet, but can open a return and close it without issue. What is going on?

Yeah, I updated from ATX, worked on a return, crashing ensued. I did all the rebooting and stuff. A few times, actually. Swear. More crashing. Decided I would delete the Assets Folder, have done it a couple of times. I delete Assets Folder, empty recycle bin, reboot. Now it wants activation code.

Yeah, I updated from ATX, worked on a return, crashing ensued. I did all the rebooting and stuff. A few times, actually. Swear. More crashing. Decided I would delete the Assets Folder, have done it a couple of times. I delete Assets Folder, empty recycle bin, reboot. Now it wants activation code.

Oh Boy...........I feel your pain, honest. Tuesday cannot come fast enough for you. I still cannot help thinking that there is a connection to the OS and Ram that is causing some of the problems. Also, it is known that networking is also a problem. I definitely asked for a WiFi setup of my new computer and that was before we even had ATX installed. Have three computers and a tablet working off of WiFi on a slow DSL connection. That is the best that I can get where I live. Fingers crossed and prayers in my heart for you Rita.

Did everyone download from the web? Did everyone then open the ATX program and let the installation take place. Did everyone then totally shut down their computers and restart (entire computer, not just the ATX program). My updates went well on both desktop and laptop. Opening the program is not an issue for me. Of course, I have not tried to prepare a return yet, but can open a return and close it without issue. What is going on?

YEP! I am sooooooooooooooo over being patient with CCH. Hedged my bets on 12.8. Network at the firm:

Downloaded the file from the site. Closed down all workstations, computers completely off. Installed the update file on the server.

NOTHING CHANGED!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PROGRAM STILL CRASHES AT RANDOM OR ANYTIME TRYING TO CREATE E-FILE.

I have done every step talked about and more. Called sales and demanded to speak to someone who could get me proseries fx. The salesperson told me a supervisor would need to call me. That has been 3 hours ago.

I am calling other companies now.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, and I am a blithering idiot.

CCH as a company SUCKS. ATX and the development team have been gutted to the point that ATX is no longer a viable product for a network or anyone over 500 clients.

I downloaded 12.8 from the web, installed it, and updated the forms. Everything seemed fine but somehow a return was damaged somehow. I can open and close it, but the program won't let me save it. The other few that were there seem ok. I'm not preparing returns using ATX at the moment, but I'm checking some that are sitting there in the return manager. The return with the issue is one that had lost the unemployment income due to one of the earlier updates, so maybe that file was already damaged. That return was the first one I tried with Drake because of that data disappearing, but I left the prepared (and unissued) return on ATX.

All of the returns that are in I've prepared in Drake. I am keeping up with the ATX updates just in case something really horrible happens, but I'm getting more comfortable with Drake's program as time goes along. Printing and efiling are both fast. I'll probably be asking for my refund from CCH close to the end of the month. I'm keeping it until then because I have 2 clients that haven't given me the info for their 1099s yet, and I'd rather not have to prepare and file them manually.

Well, well, should I enter it? Have I lost the 60 returns I had? What do ya think?

Yeah, I lost all 60. No, I did not have an external backup. Yes, I am an idiot. Computer geek and I tried to find the ATX backups and cannot. Anybody know where the ATX backup folder might be (of course it may not be working for me), since it is not anywhere we have looked? Gonna have to redo the 12 or so I haven't transmitted if I can't restore. Any other year that would not be such a chore, but you know how long it took to do those 12.

Yeah, I lost all 60. No, I did not have an external backup. Yes, I am an idiot. Computer geek and I tried to find the ATX backups and cannot. Anybody know where the ATX backup folder might be (of course it may not be working for me), since it is not anywhere we have looked? Gonna have to redo the 12 or so I haven't transmitted if I can't restore. Any other year that would not be such a chore, but you know how long it took to do those 12.

The default path is c:programdatacchsmallfirmserviceatx2012backup good luck

I always make an export of every return. They can always be imported in to a new install.

My backups are in c:programdatacchsmallfirmserviceatx2012backupformset.

Maybe you didn't look quite far enough...

Thank you, the two I have loaded today are there, but not the other 60 I had Friday.