ATX Community

If you have not installed 12.8.... DON'T!

HV Ken

I have decided to take the aproach of reading the reviews after program updates before installing them. After seeing the reviews for 12.8, I decided to ask one of my internal contacts and was told "If you have not installed 12.8 don't." There is an unplanned 12.9 update today to address something that 12.8 broke.

Ugh.

I have decided to take the aproach of reading the reviews after program updates before installing them. After seeing the reviews for 12.8, I decided to ask one of my internal contacts and was told "If you have not installed 12.8 don't." There is an unplanned 12.9 update today to address something that 12.8 broke.

Ugh.

I guess I am one of the "lucky" ones using ATX. I haven't had any opearting software or computer issues for over two weeks. I am not doing any particularly chalenging returns but I don't feel that your problems apply only to complex returns.

Just my two cents. Hope thing get better for those of you with big problems soon.

• Like 1

I too am reading the boards before I install a new update. What I did for 12.8:

shut down ATX.

downloaded from the website.

ran update.

rebooted computer.

opened ATX.

No crashing issues.

I also keep my task manager open and shut down the program when it starts running too much memory. CPU usage is better since the update.