ATX Community

Comprehensive Solution Listing

cscottpalmer

As we all know, trying to get to Tech Help at ATX is difficult. Many of the posts being put out address many of the same issues. Why can't ATX put forward a location on the Community, the Blog, the Knowledge base that clearly summarizes common problems and then publish the best solutions? I am dying on the vine, trying to ferret out various problems using a cantankerous search engine when I should be making money doing tax returns.

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE ATX HELP US!!

• Like 1

Lynnjacobs, yes, they have that, but it is 14pages long and trying to index to your particular problem is horrific. Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping for a whole thread that has headings for particular problems. Gailtaxed, I'll see if I can get a thread on the official site as well.
I do wish they had something like that over there, but there are so many repeat posts of the same issues that solutions get buried, and I doubt half the posters know how to use the search function. Or even bother to scroll down the page. Like the jerk in the post right above me that is answering every post here with the same rant.
  • Like 1

to Angry Customer, you have spewed your spam on multiple threads that is not helpful and in most cases is off topic. Lots of us are angry or frustrated, but spamming your message isn't helping. It is especially not helpful to have added it to the pinned thread at the top of this subforum that is meant only for people to post solutions and workarounds that users have had some success with for specific problems.

Yes, I know. If you stick around you will find out that this is a great group of people, and I don't think you'll find a more helpful tax forum anywhere on the internet. This forum was started in 2007 after CCH shut the official one down in 2007 in mid-season. We all found our way here and some of the users here don't even purchase ATX software any more but continue on because of the excellent advice, the friendship and the overall tone of the forum. :)

I paid for a piece of software that does not work and the company is not able to make it work. i have every right in the world to rant. If you want to sing the praises of ATX you'l have to try to sell that bridge to someone else - I am not buying it.

Not to rub salt in the wound or anything, and I have been extremely frustrated with the program this year as well. To the point of pulling my hair out. But I chose to stay with ATX even with the problems. We are currently on tax return number 845 for the year, so yes it does work. Albeit not like it's supposed to work. I'm not trying to sell you anything and you have every right to move a variety of other tax programs. But your statement above is not totally correct so I thought I'd give my 2 cents worth. Too bad 2 cents aint worth much these days.

• Like 1

Not to rub salt in the wound or anything, and I have been extremely frustrated with the program this year as well. To the point of pulling my hair out. But I chose to stay with ATX even with the problems. We are currently on tax return number 845 for the year, so yes it does work. Albeit not like it's supposed to work. I'm not trying to sell you anything and you have every right to move a variety of other tax programs. But your statement above is not totally correct so I thought I'd give my 2 cents worth. Too bad 2 cents aint worth much these days.

Ray, we (at the firm) are close behind you at 754 so far this year. Yes there are problems, but the pitfalls of conversion and learning curve make it completely untenable to change. We will do approx 3,000 again.

There are also a few valuable solutions to irritating problems if you search the knowledge base in the ATX site. I know this takes time but even if you remove one irritation a day it is helpful. Today I fixed my client mailing slips - I couldnt get my address to center so it wouldnt show up with the folders I have. A small improvement but still helpful for moral.