ATX Community

Form 8949 input issue

cpabsd

Is anyone else having this issue? I input 50 detailed stock transactions. The software was super slow in allowing me to do this. However, I finally was able to complete the task. When trying to create the e file, the software says you cannot create because the Form 8949 has an estimate in it for the sales price and it selects on of the detailed transactions. I did not use estimates on any of the entries in this form. The numbers are not showing up as an estimate but continuously gives me this error. I deleted the problem stock, re input it, and the system selects the next stock to give me the same error. Usually, i would delete the form, save, exit, re-enter client's file, add form and re input. But that will cost me at least an hour or more of work. Any other suggestions? Is anyone else having this problem?

I did another client's with many stock transactions yesterday morning and it all worked great.

Help me please!!!

You close the return, Mark the return (left side check box).

Click on returns(tab top left). Look down the drop down menu to find Update forms, click on that and follow directions.. It will update all forms in that individual return, fixing any corrupted forms you may have.

Might help.

Edited by kcjenkins
Valuable info, highlighted
  • Like 2