kcjenkins

POLL Should I shut up and go away?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Ari has complained about one of my NT threads. Do you think I should:

• Shut up and go away
    • Stop posting any NT posts
    • Post whatever, as long as it is clearly marked NT
    • Something else
  2. 2. Should we take the ATX out of the name of this Board?

So, now that KC knows she has the love from this site --- time for me to complain about her NT posts. And not just her, but anyone who does this.

When I open a NT post, I absolutely refuse to click on a link to take me to another site. I am paranoid about cookies and viruses and all the other crap that could get on my "Tax Computer" that has all my client information on it. So when the rest of you are having a lively conversation about some article that has a link to it, I am left out. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of "cut and paste"?

So if you want to know why I pass on most of the NT posts, it is because if I see a link I pass on the entire post. KC, we could have much better conversations if you would stop doing that!

My rant is over.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

So, now that KC knows she has the love from this site --- time for me to complain about her NT posts. And not just her, but anyone who does this.

When I open a NT post, I absolutely refuse to click on a link to take me to another site. I am paranoid about cookies and viruses and all the other crap that could get on my "Tax Computer" that has all my client information on it. So when the rest of you are having a lively conversation about some article that has a link to it, I am left out. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of "cut and paste"?

So if you want to know why I pass on most of the NT posts, it is because if I see a link I pass on the entire post. KC, we could have much better conversations if you would stop doing that!

My rant is over.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Agree.

I thought we had to be careful and cut & paste posts because of potential copyright infringements when we do that. But maybe that's just another internet rumor.

As long as you give credit to the site you copied, all is well. What you can't do, is present it as your own information. One line, even a link, will make the copyright police run away.

I will never click on a link to an unknown site. I have received such links in the past in e-mail from trusted friends who NEVER SENT THEM! Especially prevalent on yahoo.com. When they are posted on this board, I am usually too busy to take the time anyway. Why does someone always have to make a big "Something out of Nothing"? I read the posts that interest me and skip the ones that don't. Without this board, I would be in a world of hurt. Only a sole practitioner could understand what that truly means. Blessings to all on this board. :unsure:

• Like 2

OK, Tom, I will keep that in mind. Often I've used a link just to limit the size of the message, but I'll do better, I promise.

Think of it this way KC, if the worst thing I could think of to say about you is "She posts links so I can't have more conversations with her", you are doing alright.

Tom

Hollister, CA