kcjenkins

POLL Should I shut up and go away?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Ari has complained about one of my NT threads. Do you think I should:

• Shut up and go away
    • Stop posting any NT posts
    • Post whatever, as long as it is clearly marked NT
    • Something else
  2. 2. Should we take the ATX out of the name of this Board?

On another note, I don't have an opinion about what the Board should be called; however, if it changes, I hope I'm on the 'notification' list! (Especially after this post.)

I don't have much of an opinion on that myself. I own and will continue to own the atxcommunity.com domain. If, at some point it's decided that it makes sense to change the name and we get a new URL to match, atxcommunity.com will always continue to get you here.

I did not know that (read in Johnny Carson voice). Thanks, Eric!

This forum software has so many features, it borders on insanity. I'm sure there are quite a few features that even I don't know about.

• Like 2

I for one would like to keep the name.

I don't care what anyone post as long as label NT go for it. If I don't have time or see what topic is I just skip. how hard is that to do?

We all need to vent once in awhile do it and then move on. sometimes is nice to see I am not alone with the same problems.

FLORIDAMAN did seem to take off for awhile but I just went past his post. Some I read were funny and did relieve the stress.

KC stay with us!!

It maybe true that this is open forum and that anybody including Kimmie and Bobbie could come here. Not likely that Kimmie has had the time or desire to.

That bum BOBBIE did not come here. If he had he would have joined this forum, congratulated himself on finding it, and posted the same nauseating self serving self congratulating crap he posts on the other board. And he would have used this stuff at the time of writing, not now today.

Somebody on here copied it and is providing a lot to him since it was deleted HERE. So I can't check what he is saying in black and white but only go by my memory of the circumstances.

Nevertheless, he has stated on at least 6 different threads that I called Kimmie a monkey hoping to piss her off enough for revenge banning.

The fact that WONDER BOY even admits he had help from people on here is evidence in itself, as he hates to give credit to anyone else but himself.

SO BOBBIE HAS SPIES AMONG THIS BOARD.

FTM

You don't have to login to read this board. I am betting he and Kimmie both come here and read it to see what is going on. CCH has routinely reviewed comments on this board in the past.

I too come here sometimes and just read and forget to login.

I don't know how many of you have ever met KC in person, but I have broken bread with her. There is not a more charming, giving person in the world. My heart still breaks for her loss in the last year, and the health issues she has gone through. During that entire time, she was still here with us.

I consider her a friend. If she is not here, this board will be greatly diminished.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 7

Sorry, FTM, but frankly, no one but you really cares what goes on on the other Board, or what Bobby says. Please give it a rest. I was one of the founders of this board, I've been here since day 1, and never have I seen anyone spend so much time and emotion on ranting about something happening on another board.

• Like 4

Tom, Catherine, Rita, Lion, et al, Thank you for the kind words and thoughts.. You reinforce for me my understanding of what this board is supposed to be. It truly is a COMMUNITY. And a very nice community, on the whole. We help each other, we support each other, we celebrate and share sympathy with each other. So we do not keep just to tax topics, like some boards do. We deliberately decided, at the start of this group, to allow non-tax posts, as long as they are labeled as such, or or so clearly that that it is not necessary, like the Laugh of the Day. And when it comes to political posts, the rule is that they must remain polite, and not personal.

I know that some very nice people on this board do not agree with me politically. I still like them very much, because we have a lot of things in common, and we have shared the same frustrations of tax work, etc. And also because of the very 'community' rules, which have let us get to know each other as people as well as tax preparers. When you know a bit more about a person, it usually makes you more tolerant of their positions you don't agree with. At least, that is how it works for me.

I'm going to just assume that if Ari and FTM stick around they will mellow out and realize that friends can disagree without being disagreeable. And that this is a great bunch of people, that they will be happy to call friends, if they just give us a chance.

• Like 5

I think NT posts should be allowed but in a separate forum.

Oh, and I try to never talk politics with anyone. Just a good way IMHO to get into a fight... but that is just me.

I also ignore other peoples politics, regardless if they agree with mine or disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't honestly care about their opinion.

• Like 2

Sorry, Joel, but I think we occasionally need the mental break that coming across an NT post provides. If we segregated them, we'd seldom get around to reading them when we most need them, in the heat of the busiest times. At least, that is my view of it. It's easy to skip them, after all, if you are not in the mood for them.

• Like 2

Sorry, FTM, but frankly, no one but you really cares what goes on on the other Board, or what Bobby says. Please give it a rest. I was one of the founders of this board, I've been here since day 1, and never have I seen anyone spend so much time and emotion on ranting about something happening on another board.

KC, no lack of derence here..but you are stating that "...no one but you really cares what goes on on the other Board, or what Bobby says".

That's your opinion not a fact.

I am proof that you assessment is incorrect.

It irked me to hear Bobby's politcal commentary and I wouldn't be shocked if I was the only one;

Plus, I find FTM gave me a good needed laugh on numerous occassions during this most challenging tax season.

I think there is a broad concensus that FTM is a funny tax man.

• Like 1

KC, no lack of derence here..but you are stating that "...no one but you really cares what goes on on the other Board, or what Bobby says".

That's your opinion not a fact.

I am proof that you assessment is incorrect.

It irked me to hear Bobby's politcal commentary and I wouldn't be shocked if I was the only one;

Plus, I find FTM gave me a good needed laugh on numerous occassions during this most challenging tax season.

I think there is a broad concensus that FTM is a funny tax man.

I think that ari and FTM should have their own forum; that way.....................Anyway, the Bobby and Kimmie rant has gone on so long, I have lost track of who they are even supposed to be.

Definely, take your show to anyother forum, please. And FTM is not funny.

Glad to get that off my chest.

• Like 2

Sorry, Joel, but I think we occasionally need the mental break that coming across an NT post provides. If we segregated them, we'd seldom get around to reading them when we most need them, in the heat of the busiest times. At least, that is my view of it. It's easy to skip them, after all, if you are not in the mood for them.

So confused. I never said you or anyone else for that matter shouldn't have the right to post them, I said that I thought a forum for them might make more sense. This keeps technical issues separate from software issues separate from ATX vs Drake issues or TRX issues and helps organize and structure a board. This is what you asked us to comment on in the first place, when you started this thread and asked our opinions in your poll. If you didn't want other points of view why did you ask for them then, or were you only requesting opinions that agree with yours?

So, why is my opinion not acceptable then?

Also, I said that I don't care about others political opinions, but I did not say that others should not be allowed to post or state theirs. I just don't care about them and choose to ignore them.Don't I have that right? My opinion here is not stopping or even suggesting others stop posting what they choose to.

So if you have the right to post them, why can't I ignore them?

So confused. I never said you or anyone else for that matter shouldn't have the right to post them, I said that I thought a forum for them might make more sense. This keeps technical issues separate from software issues separate from ATX vs Drake issues or TRX issues and helps organize and structure a board. This is what you asked us to comment on in the first place, when you started this thread and asked our opinions in your poll. If you didn't want other points of view why did you ask for them then, or were you only requesting opinions that agree with yours?

So, why is my opinion not acceptable then?

Also, I said that I don't care about others political opinions, but I did not say that others should not be allowed to post or state theirs. I just don't care about them and choose to ignore them.Don't I have that right? My opinion here is not stopping or even suggesting others stop posting what they choose to.

So if you have the right to post them, why can't I ignore them?

Joel, somehow I screwed up my answer, because you totally missunderstood me. I am happy to have your opinion, I value your opinion, I sure did not mean to suggest otherwise. I just ask that you re-read my answer, because all I was trying to do was explain why I wanted to keep the NT posts in the General Chat forum. To provide the occasional break, or smile. And your position on politicl posts suits me just fine. Indeed, it's exactly what I think should be the way those who don't want them should react. So I apologize for whatever other impression I gave you.

I remember when we started this forum, we all decided we wanted tax and NT posts in the same place for exactly the reason KC is making, shunted into a separate area, we might not see them we didn't want to be segregated, just to have the free flow of the community. So that's the way it is here, and if ya don't like our set up, oh well.

And as for FTM & Bobbie, well, I wish you'd both just grow up. You act worse than second graders on a playground. Damn, I've been wanting to say that for a week or two now.

And I know KC and I are about as far apart on the political spectrum as you can get. And I also know I'd love to sit down for a cup of coffee with her.

• Like 8

Thanks Joan. I totally agree with you on this. And I know we tend to be on opposite sides on some political issues, but I too think we'd be friends if we lived close. You are on my 'Friend" list here, and when I move to CA I intend to look you up so we can have that coffee and get to know each other better.

PS I do think FTM had a few funny posts, especially that one about Update 12.69

• Like 1

KC, you absolutely must stick around! Even if I don't agree with your politics sometimes I still support you right to express yourself. And more importantly your tax knowledge and advice is simply invaluable to this forum!

As far as the name of the forum goes, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I know what the name is :P

I too, would like to keep the name. It was such a comfort to find this site when the official ATX shut down. Even though many have changed software, the questions and expertise remain the same. I not only use this board for work arounds with program issues, but I have learned so much and have been helped so much by many who post on this board. As to the NT subjects, well we each have the ability to decide if we want to read it or not. Many times I will click on and read the main post and if it doesn't interest me I move on. It's the same approach I take when I open a newspaper and glance at headlines. If it doesn't interest me I chose not to spend my time on it. It doesn't mean I don't think it should be included, because obviously it is intertesting to someone or it never would have been written in the first place!

I personally would be sad if I saw KC or Jainen, Janitor Bob, Bull Dog Tom or anyone else leave. This truly is a community, and just as when a long time neighbor moves away we get sad!

Just my two cents worth!

Deb!

• Like 1

I think there is clear support for keeping the name. I'm in favor of it myself.

And I am staying, if only because I'd miss this wonderful group too much.

Really doesn't matter to me if you stay or not, KC. I understand Rita has one of those poles and blanket things that drag behind a horse. We will just borrow that and drag you back if you leave. Sounds like fun, don't it?

• Like 2

@FTM: As someone that was banned from The Tax Book website I can understand your feelings. However, after I was banned I never returned to the website as I did not need their website. It is time you forget about the other website and get on with this the best website.

@KC: You deserve to post anything you desire as long as it is not about me! You go girl! LOL