ATX Community

Weather did not help this Labor day!

Guest Taxed

What a depressing weekend here in the Northeast. Rains for 3 days?? Outdoor cookouts have been ruined on the last holiday before Christmas.

Hope other parts of the country are enjoying sunshine and a good cookout.

I like to get my 9/15 extensions completed before labor day. They are a bit more involved than typical 1040 returns and allowing the client to push it after labor day makes me very nervous.

Hot and dripping with humidity here, but the t'storms keep missing us. The mosquitos have been very hungry and forced me back inside. These Asian tiger mosquitos that we have here now don't even need standing water; they can breed under some wet leaves or in the damp grass. I cooked the burgers inside.

A friend of mine posted this... (I took out a couple of typed emoticons and replaced them with Eric's)

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day. The Summer is now officially over. :P From Pittsfield and the Berkshires, to Worcester, right across Boston and to the Cape and Islands, starting at midnight TONIGHT expect wind gusts up to 80 mph, ice and snow accumulations of 3 feet, a high tide that will flood the Lynnway, and your sweet little tootsie's better be covered up. ;) LOL.

In other news, it's been HUMID!!!! (dew points up to the mid-70's; blech) and either warm or downright hot. Torrential downpour on the way home yesterday noon-ish with visibility down very low even with the wipers on high. Going up a small hill a couple stones at the side of the road were throwing up 8" rooster tails!

Radar shows more rain this way but I will be glad once the meandering front finally decides to go on past.

It seems so strange to me these days, that I no longer need to check the weather reports. In CA's central valley, it's almost always the same! Hot and dry during the day, cool and dry at night. Weird thing this morning, though. Since I lived most of my life in a part of the country where weather was always changing, often by way of a storm, I had a membership at TWC, to get warnings, etc. This morning I GOT AN ICYPRICP WARNING! Quickly followed by

TWC ICYPRCP

SalidaFRI: Sunny

expected

Precip 0%

High: 95F

We apologize for

the incorrect icy

precipitation

message -TWC

alerts