ATX Community

Anyone scheduling appointments yet?

jklcpa

I have a few clients who are snow birds. They will leave for warmer states (FL, AZ) right after Thanksgiving and I will not see them again until April or May next year. I have one lady who books her appointment for 4/15 each year without fail.

No appointments yet (most of my work isn't face to face anyway) but one man already paid me.

How can I get client's like that who pay a year in advance! I want a few like that instead of me chasing them for a year to get paid.

This man must really like his tax preparer.

Might consider doing what I did years back. I picked out a few good clients and offered them a special deal, if they paid me by Nov 30, they could not only speed up the deduction, they could lock in last year's price [for the couple that I knew were going to have a more complex return that year] or get a small discount [for the others]. Ended up with 6 regulars that paid each year in Nov, which used to be my slowest month.

• Like 1

Most of my 1040 sch A clients can't get over the 2% threshold to actually deduct the tax prep fees. May be I should increase them??

But I like the idea of a discount to lock the price.