ATX Community

ATX Font/View

Randall

Is there a font setting in ATX? Or is it something in my computer. Form in ATX is different. The input is showing up slightly different looking. And there seems to be a heavier font on the form itself, running over space it should be in. And Ohio is showing IT 104 in upper right instead of IT 1040. Prints out that way too.

Any comments would be helpul.

If it looks wrong on the screen and prints wrong in the same way, I think it's most likely a missing or corrupted font, especially if others can view the form just fine.

When I worked at ATX (12 years ago) the disc had a number of utilities, one of which was specifically for installing fonts. Probably nothing like that now though. I hear the knowledge base isn't as well maintained as it used to be either, but that's the first place I'd check for information about fixing corrupted/missing fonts if you can't get through on the phone.

• 2 years later...
On 1/2/2014 at 1:23 AM, Jack from Ohio said:

There should be 5 ATX fonts. If you need, contact me and I will send them to you.

Hi Jack.

May I get the ATX font files as well? PDF files sent to client using a Mac don't print out properly without them. The letters are all bunched up with strange spaces here and there.

Thanks,

Larry Daniele

Larry @ LarryDaniele.com

I've found that on a Mac with the latest version of OS X (El Capitan 10.11.4), printing with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2015.010.20060) displays the problem. However, printing with the built-in Mac Preview utility do NOT exhibit the problem. So for now the work-around is to use Preview instead of Acrobat on a Mac.

7 minutes ago, LarryD said:

I've found that on a Mac with the latest version of OS X (El Capitan 10.11.4), printing with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2015.010.20060) displays the problem. However, printing with the built-in Mac Preview utility do NOT exhibit the problem. So for now the work-around is to use Preview instead of Acrobat on a Mac.

This doesn't appear to be related at all to using ATX.  How long have you been an ATX software user?

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2014 at 1:23 AM, Jack from Ohio said:

There should be 5 ATX fonts. If you need, contact me and I will send them to you.

Jack, would it be convenient for you to merely name the font style?

I'm trying to format a Form 1040X, Section 3 Explanation of Changes in a 2014 return -- when line-breaks were not a simple matter unlike other years.  So I'm attempting a workaround by first creating a *.TXT file to paste into Section 3 -- and finding a match for ATX's fonts isn't happening instantaneously.

Thanks in advance for any help -- you or anyone.  KCW