ATX Community

Business Use of Home Worksheet

mcb39

All I can say is that this is one of the most difficult worksheets that I have ever seen. I had to attach one to a 2106 yesterday and took most of the afternoon to figure out. Attaching it was no problem, filling it out and making it calculate properly was. Are they trying to force us to use the square footage because I have not seen one person yet that would come out better that way? I am ready to scream............and if one more person calls and asks if their taxes are done yet, the phone is being disconnected. Add to that, my assistant who did so well last year, is in outer space somewhere and I am on an island all alone. Bless the beings who control the tax program. I am having zero problems in that area. (Oh, today she put a label on a return to go out that said Donald instead of Ronald)!!!!

You have my sympathy. It is especially disheartening when you either lose a good worker or have one get distracted and no longer performing well. It was my least favorite part of the tax business. I found it paid to spend money on better equipment to reduce the need for help, because it's so hard to find good workers.

• Like 2

All I can say is that this is one of the most difficult worksheets that I have ever seen. I had to attach one to a 2106 yesterday and took most of the afternoon to figure out. Attaching it was no problem, filling it out and making it calculate properly was. Are they trying to force us to use the square footage because I have not seen one person yet that would come out better that way? I am ready to scream............and if one more person calls and asks if their taxes are done yet, the phone is being disconnected. Add to that, my assistant who did so well last year, is in outer space somewhere and I am on an island all alone. Bless the beings who control the tax program. I am having zero problems in that area. (Oh, today she put a label on a return to go out that said Donald instead of Ronald)!!!!

Too bad we live so far apart! We could make an unstoppable team!!!

I think I found home office works better for me this year. I have few clients with 2 to 4 schedule C and now it distribute the expense to all schedule c based on the percentage compare to until last year I use to put all expenses on the higher income schedule C. It has a drop down menus where to forward the expenses. May be another IRS requirement.

LOL I cannot figure out how to enter the information into the form that flows to 2106, I get no where clicking on the lines.

On the bottom of the page is an Expense Allocation Worksheet. But, like I said, I spent an entire afternoon figuring this thing out; especially making the percentages correct between the A and the OIH.; for Mtg Int and Property Tax. Crazy. I see in the forms update today that form has been updated. Maybe it has been made easier. Mine did go to the 2106 in the end and the return was filed and ACKd, finally.