ATX Community

ATX Compared to Last Year?

Yardley CPA

I have been a long time user of ATX, going back to the days of Saber. I've always found the program to fit my needs and I renewed again this year. I use the program on a single computer and have had little issues over the years. I know that the 2012 program presented some problems for users, I experienced no real issues and that is the case again this year.

I'm curious as to how things are progressing this year compared to last year? Are users satisfied with the 2013 program? What do you foresee as the future of ATX?

I am satisfied with 2013, and happy I renewed. I've done 123 personal returns, a few with states. Not done any business returns yet. Not HAPPY about backups being hard to locate and impossible to associate with the client, but I do external backups, so I don't think I'll have a problem.

I too have been a user since the Saber days. Except for the annoying 'server' error, ATX is working better than last year. Printing is much faster. e-fling has been going smoothly. I sure hope it stays that way, the more complicated returns wont be in until March. (At Least!)

Same here with only one reject due to a dependent filing wrongly.

Hate the server error but very happy in general. (Thanks Jack!!!)

Love the fast acks.

238 returns so far in the program (most with states) and 64 waiting for me to get caught up.

Last year I didn't have any issues whatsoever and this year I hope to have less issues.

I am very happy with ATX this year. As I said last year "ATX is fixing so many issues in 2012 that the 2013 version will be a very robust package out of the shelf". I also said that the ones that jumped the boat in 2012, they will purchase the 2014 version when they realize how good this year was.

• Like 1

I was very happy with ATX in prior years... but last year was so stressful I couldn't bear the thought of taking a chance again this year.

Glad to hear you guys are doing well!

I myself am doing very well with Drake, doing returns faster and smoother than I can remember. Was a challenge to get used to a new software but life is good. I like to keep up on my old friends here in ATX land as I am interested in how it is running now, and in the future. But I am glad I learned a second software, now I have a "back-up" software if I need one. Overall learning to be proficient in a second software is a good idea.

Pam

Taxtrio

• Like 2

I switched to Drake, love it. The learning curve isn't that difficult, it's just super-fast compared to ATX-2012. The learning curve is also helped significantly by customer support. Two telephone rings and a real human answers rather than going through a computer-menu. Glad I switched, the view/print manager can be easily configured so the client print sequence rolls-out that way you want, no more shuffling of paper to organize it for presentation. The conversion process from ATX to Drake worked easily, and I paid $1,050 for the product, a couple of hundred less than ATX, who didn't offer any discount following last year's fiasco.

• Like 1

I switched to pro series last year after seeing all the posts with what was going on with ATX, not a bad learning curve and not one tech issue in 2 years, changes need to be done to hardware or configs or files or anything.. their community board stinks but live chat and on phone both get you someone in under 5 minutes and I feel they are running 85% at solving an input issue on the first go around. Not as many forms and letters stink, but I hit print and get a perfect return printed, I hit efile and get a file transmitted and accepted.

I, too, have been an ATX user since the Saber days, and I have always liked the program. I did have some issues with

2012, but nothing like many others did. I am well pleased with 2013, though. So far it is working very smoothly for me.

I also upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro, and that makes all the difference also.

I have been with it for 14 or 15 years and it is working better this year but there are still alot of warts and blemishes. I am on a network with 2 workstations and use the server as a workstation, updated computers two years ago. It is better but not 2011 and earlier. A young client that works for a national software company told me he was surprised ATX was using Raven as it was not a "very mature" program. I suspect many problems may go to that but who knows. Another year of some people doing well no problems, some like me with manageable problems and some with gotta change software problems. I will be interested what ATX comes back to Jack from Ohio with.

I've been using ATX for about 15 years. I just finished a mid sized corporate return and everything went smoothly.

The only minor issue that I've had is opening the program. Since I've been going to the Admin Consul to make

sure that all the component parts of the program are loaded before I click on the ATX icon, even that is working fine.

For me this year the program is working the best since 2010. I really didn't like the 2011 Print Manager.

Standalone Win 7 Pro with 8 Gig of Ram and I am only using this computer for ATX, no other programs,

nothing running in the background.

I can't compare to last year since this is my first year with ATX. I must say it's been great so far. I've done 1040, corporate returns, 1099 reporting and W-2 reporting. I'm really getting my monies worth with ATX. I currently use Medlin for payroll I recreate it in ATX so I can e-file it. Medlin don't e-file the payroll 94x series.

I hate going back to 2011 to do amended returns., because having more than one return open is SO nice. Bugs me when I can't do the same in the payroll module. 2013 is working well for me.

Joan the problem with multi is that it is inconsistent with allowing it to happen. I started getting the resource message last Thursday when we had the server and two workstations up and running. ATX 2013 is far from a polished program when you are trying to manage the problems to keep moving forward. Lots of warts and blemishes for some worse than others.

I guess I'm the oddball. So far, I'm not a happy camper.

I was out of the country late Jan and the first half of Feb so I'm getting a late start. Other than being agonizingly slow, I didn't have any major problems last year. I was looking forward to this year's iteration being a lot better. So far, that has not materialized. Other than somewhat quicker printing, I haven't seen any speed improvements. In fact, a few things seem even slower. I don't think it's my hardware. It's not top end but should be more than adequate: Win 7 home premium on a 64 bit dual core 2.6ghz processor and 8gb of memory. All my other software seems to cruise along just fine.

Other than two disastrous years with TRX, I've used ATX since Saber days. I've always been happy with it and would not look forward to changing (the old dog/new tricks syndrome) but if it doesn't improve . . . .